Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 08:11 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times

Advertisements

If they (Hollywood) can use her to Virtue Signal how evolved and enlightened they are they will. She's an outspoken, Black woman that spews she was "wronged" on losing the election. She will go down the whole "Woke" path with them, and they will comply. Plus she has her clone Oprah on her side, who is pretty darn powerful in Hollywood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2019, 08:11 AM

23,446 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
This trip won't amount to anything. Abrams has no power authority or power to change anything. That is what happens when you lose elections.
Wishing doesn't make it so. She'll probably achieve more effective results out there than any elected Georgia official would.

How embarrassing for us all.

Old 06-05-2019, 01:11 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,627,599 times
We're lucky to have Abrams on the scene. Imagine how much worse we'd look if we didn't. At least someone from 21st century Georgia is visible.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:06 PM

815 posts, read 708,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
We're lucky to have Abrams on the scene. Imagine how much worse we'd look if we didn't. At least someone from 21st century Georgia is visible.
I bet her pitch is, "Just hang on 4 more years and I'll fix this mess when I'm governor."

Old 06-05-2019, 02:16 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,627,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDreaming01 View Post
I bet her pitch is, "Just hang on 4 more years and I'll fix this mess when I'm governor."
Hollywood might buy that or a similar argument given how close Georgia now is to being a purple or even light blue state. It would be much harder to convince them to stay if Georgia more closely resembled our redder neighbors. If we were Alabama, we'd be in a lot more trouble.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:17 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,696,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDreaming01 View Post
I'd rather she run for the US Senate and let someone else take a shot at Governor.

Her running against Kemp again in 2022 would just dreg up too much bad blood.

Old 06-05-2019, 06:32 PM

154 posts, read 96,235 times
I would rather have Stacey run again because she will have the proof that she needs to show that Kemp as Secretary of State purged over 100,000 qualified voters. Kemp needs to be exposed and then the economy of Georgia can thrive again.

Old 06-05-2019, 07:03 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl2021 View Post
I would rather have Stacey run again because she will have the proof that she needs to show that Kemp as Secretary of State purged over 100,000 qualified voters. Kemp needs to be exposed and then the economy of Georgia can thrive again.
Are you talking about the 107,000 who were purged according to election law that removes those who don’t vote in successive elections and don’t respond to a written notice? These were people who last voted in 2008.

Old 06-06-2019, 06:20 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
You realize that this means eight years of not voting, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl2021 View Post

Old 06-06-2019, 07:52 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,483,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Hollywood might buy that or a similar argument given how close Georgia now is to being a purple or even light blue state. It would be much harder to convince them to stay if Georgia more closely resembled our redder neighbors. If we were Alabama, we'd be in a lot more trouble.
The same problem with Alabama Democrats is the same problem that until recently with the Democratic Party of Georgia, bad and toxic leadership of the Alabama Democratic Party, i.e. Joe Reed and Nancy Worley (who are both under DNC investigation for unethical behavior)... The 2018 gubernatorial candidate got 40% of the vote without state party or outside support. Unlike Abrams, who received help from all avenues from DPG, DNC, and other outside sources. So keep talking Alabama but it is on the edge of being competitive a purple state as well. Both states are bound at the hip karmically. Until you guys quit karma will continue to ride around on a broom and keep hitting this state with the same problems that plague your neighbor to the west. Like here, the film industry is still going on even though both have retarded anti-abortion laws passed by their regressive state legislative bodies. In other words, leave that state alone with the warped quips and attempts to throw shade to act like this place is better than there because both are in the same boat screwed up with regressive, white patriarchal leadership. Birmingham and Huntsville like Atlanta and Savannah are dragging their respective state into the 21st century on their own.

Last edited by jero23; 06-06-2019 at 09:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia