U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-07-2019, 08:34 AM
 
Location: City of Atlanta
2,821 posts, read 1,846,919 times
Reputation: 4040

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
I made the point to stop throwing shade at AL because both GA and AL are in the same boat. My point still stands, and you butted in and won't leave it alone with derailing nonsense. But okay...

I don't think so. If Roy Moore ran in Georgia, he'd have been destroyed. But he wouldn't have even made it to the ticket here. As bad as the Georgia GOP can be at times, not even it would have allowed that. To your point about the Alabama gubernatorial race receiving no outside Democratic support, that's because the rest of the country knows it's a lost cause (unless there's an alleged sexual predator running as the Republican nominee). The rest of the country knows that Georgia is competitive. I hope that Stacey Abrams is making that case to Hollywood and can convince them to stay put or even join the fight to finally flip the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-07-2019, 08:44 AM
 
31,799 posts, read 29,512,648 times
Reputation: 20056
Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
I made the point to stop throwing shade at AL because both GA and AL are in the same boat. My point still stands, and you butted in and won't leave it alone with derailing nonsense. But okay...
Dude please, I didn't derail the thread; you did that when you "made the point" to play superhero about Alabama supposedly trending purple along with Georgia which is the real nonsense. As bad as Georgia is--and it is bad--Alabama is even worse. There's a reason you don't live there anymore and I don't blame you. You can roll your eyes until they fall out of your head and it won't a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 09:05 AM
 
Location: ATL, GA
1,273 posts, read 745,537 times
Reputation: 1086
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
This trip won't amount to anything. Abrams has no power authority or power to change anything. That is what happens when you lose elections.
Agreed. It may actually do more damage than good. If she won, great! What she has to say wouldn't fall on deaf ears. But she didn't win so......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 09:07 AM
 
Location: ATL, GA
1,273 posts, read 745,537 times
Reputation: 1086
BTW, this thread got really derailed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 09:12 AM
 
Location: City of Atlanta
2,821 posts, read 1,846,919 times
Reputation: 4040
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
Agreed. It may actually do more damage than good. If she won, great! What she has to say wouldn't fall on deaf ears. But she didn't win so......

It's not going to fall on deaf ears. She has credibility as a Democratic candidate who lost by only 55,000 votes out of almost 4 million cast for governor in a state that has been firmly red for a long time. She's a darling of the national Democratic Party and is better suited than most to lobby for Georgia's interests outside of the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Atlanta metro (Cobb County)
1,689 posts, read 879,403 times
Reputation: 1839
The trend lines show clearly that Georgia is becoming more competitive, and Abrams came closer to winning than any Democrat has in years. She has spent significant time in party leadership within Georgia's legislature and is certainly free to offer her perspective of the state's dynamics to Hollywood decision makers. Entertainment is an industry that can switch between states easier than many others, and the financial benefit of its presence in Georgia is indisputable.

As for our neighbors, Alabama has many fine attributes but the state level politics are not among these. It's not just a result of being a deep red state - Tennessee is as well but they tend to have more pragmatic and reasonable governance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 10:38 AM
 
533 posts, read 209,269 times
Reputation: 771
People who keep saying Stacy "has not power" are really looking suspicious.


She doesn't need to literally have the power to change the law herself in order to keep them from leaving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 10:49 AM
 
Location: Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte, and Raleigh
2,580 posts, read 1,766,339 times
Reputation: 1593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Dude please, I didn't derail the thread; you did that when you "made the point" to play superhero about Alabama supposedly trending purple along with Georgia which is the real nonsense. As bad as Georgia is--and it is bad--Alabama is even worse. There's a reason you don't live there anymore and I don't blame you. You can roll your eyes until they fall out of your head and it won't a thing.
A shady opinion, but NOT a substantiated fact. Okay...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 11:20 AM
 
31,799 posts, read 29,512,648 times
Reputation: 20056
Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
A shady opinion, but NOT a substantiated fact. Okay...
Alabama is absolutely redder than Georgia and shows no signs of being potentially competitive like Georgia in the near future. Only in your world is that a shady opinion and not a substantiated fact.

Your opinion isn't going to change the reality of the situation, copious amounts of eye-rolling or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 11:22 AM
 
31,799 posts, read 29,512,648 times
Reputation: 20056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakumaster View Post
People who keep saying Stacy "has not power" are really looking suspicious.


She doesn't need to literally have the power to change the law herself in order to keep them from leaving.
Apparently some people think political power, as in being an office-holder, is the only type of power that exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top