U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-05-2019, 01:38 PM
 
4,704 posts, read 1,717,413 times
Reputation: 3170

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Kemp is going to have to make a lot of hard political choices the next 3.5 years. He's going to have to balance making the hayseeds happy without alienating too many moderate suburban Republicans. He probably made the wrong choice in this instance. I know quite a few moderates who work in film/tv and they're livid.
I can't say it enough, but if they voted for Kemp, elections have consequences. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To quote the words of another prominent political leader: "You knew I was a snake when you picked me up!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-05-2019, 02:03 PM
 
820 posts, read 459,957 times
Reputation: 1274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Kemp is going to have to make a lot of hard political choices the next 3.5 years. He's going to have to balance making the hayseeds happy without alienating too many moderate suburban Republicans. He probably made the wrong choice in this instance. I know quite a few moderates who work in film/tv and they're livid.
IKR? Fayette County is going to be hit hard by this. This County has been a red bastion, but has been rapidly trending blue a'la Cobb and Gwinnett. He's going to lose it next time for sure with this move. Even people who aren't in the film industry have been profiting from higher real estate prices and enjoying new retail built with Pinewood employees in mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2019, 02:22 PM
 
Location: City of Atlanta
2,822 posts, read 1,848,259 times
Reputation: 4045
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDreaming01 View Post
IKR? Fayette County is going to be hit hard by this. This County has been a red bastion, but has been rapidly trending blue a'la Cobb and Gwinnett. He's going to lose it next time for sure with this move. Even people who aren't in the film industry have been profiting from higher real estate prices and enjoying new retail built with Pinewood employees in mind.
I agree. He only won by 50,000 votes. It's not hard to imagine him shedding that many votes in urban/suburban Georgia if he continues to make decisions that threaten our economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2019, 03:34 PM
 
Location: Decatur, GA
5,498 posts, read 4,296,417 times
Reputation: 3003
What's to talk about? For one, the bill can't be reversed until next legislative session. For two, that's all they want. One of the hallmarks of the left is the lack of compromise. Now that the right is doing the same thing, they're getting all upset about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2019, 07:06 AM
 
Location: St Simons Island, GA
23,125 posts, read 36,381,158 times
Reputation: 15465
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
What's to talk about? For one, the bill can't be reversed until next legislative session. For two, that's all they want. One of the hallmarks of the left is the lack of compromise. Now that the right is doing the same thing, they're getting all upset about it.
LOL you make it sound like the right got into the habit of non-compromise just yesterday.

The little dears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2019, 02:47 PM
 
31,829 posts, read 29,532,975 times
Reputation: 20081
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
But ARE the filmmakers being the adults in the room? This letter is well-balanced, but then you have comments by people like Reed Morano and Alyssa Milano that just inflame rather than inform.
They aren't industry execs though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2019, 02:51 PM
 
31,829 posts, read 29,532,975 times
Reputation: 20081
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
What's to talk about? For one, the bill can't be reversed until next legislative session. For two, that's all they want. One of the hallmarks of the left is the lack of compromise. Now that the right is doing the same thing, they're getting all upset about it.
LOLOL...sorry but the Right claimed that mantle with McConnell in 2008 after the presidential election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2019, 04:29 PM
 
8,567 posts, read 4,501,834 times
Reputation: 8441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
They aren't industry execs though.
Correct, nor local shops. The studio heads are the ones that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 10:30 AM
 
533 posts, read 209,387 times
Reputation: 771
Kemp is looking like a real punk for this.

He can't go look them in the eye himself when he signed it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 01:28 PM
 
8,567 posts, read 4,501,834 times
Reputation: 8441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakumaster View Post
Kemp is looking like a real punk for this.

He can't go look them in the eye himself when he signed it?
He definitely should. At the very least to hear people out - native Georgians whose work will be at risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top