Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 10:48 PM

1 posts, read 24,871 times

Advertisements

We, my husband and I and our 12yr old son want to relocate to some where in Georgia we can be comfortable in our careers and but most important, we are looking for an area where the community with mature shade trees and established character (we don't want a new home community) at all! We would like a community where most are very family orientated, and 45+ years of age.

My husband is a criminal law attorney and I am Broker in RE and Life Insurance Sales. We are both in our 40's and

Any information shared would be much appreciated!!

Old 05-20-2007, 10:53 PM

1,088 posts, read 6,323,851 times
I can't speak for other parts of Georgia but in Atlanta they live in the Cascade or Sandtown Creek area. It is in the southwest part of the metro area, outside of I-285 (although sometimes inside as well) and south of I-20, north of I-85. Lithonia has also become a popular place for upper class blacks but Cascade is the historically upper class place to be.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:18 AM

28 posts, read 172,906 times
like do you want to live in a house high rise schools?

There is many many places but I would say Atlanta is your best choice.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:05 PM

563 posts, read 2,766,066 times
I co-sign on Cascade/Sandtown area. The area is teeming with successful black professionals, and is filled with Atlanta's movers and shakers.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:10 AM

6 posts, read 44,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoveDiva View Post
I co-sign on Cascade/Sandtown area. The area is teeming with successful black professionals, and is filled with Atlanta's movers and shakers.
Any subdivision recommendations?

Old 05-30-2007, 01:37 PM

634 posts, read 2,914,262 times
For Affluent African-Americans-

Atlanta Metro:
Dekalb County
Northern Fulton County
Southern Cobb County

Macon Metro:
Northern Bibb County
Northern Houston County
Western Bibb County

Old 05-30-2007, 03:43 PM

1,088 posts, read 6,323,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyun-Soo View Post
For Affluent African-Americans-

Atlanta Metro:
Dekalb County
Northern Fulton County
Southern Cobb County
Dekalb yes, You don't really see a lot of blacks in North Fulton (although it is very wealth and blacks would be accepted there, there just isn't a large concentration there). Southern Cobb County has a lot of blacks but it isn't exactly wealthy. its more middle class then affluent.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:45 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,526,251 times
It depends on the person. More and more Black folk from elsewhere in the country are making it a point of living in Georgia communities where it's not just Black. And unless private school is the only option, most of the all-Black neighborhood public schools aren't doing that well. Not all, but most.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:44 PM

67 posts, read 228,176 times
Affluent black people live where they can afford to live. Just be careful to select a real estate agent who will steer you away from any community that is in you price range.

Success is finding a need and filling it. If you are an affluent black person, I would think that you would want to live in a black community that need role models and take pride in knowing that presence and community involvment made in difference in the lives of many. Should you do this and get others to do the same, I promise you, the run down houses and the blight that plaque our community would cease to exist, because all that is needed is for those of us who know about code enforecement, or can assist children with homework, etc to go back and give back and we will be richer for it because we will effect the change of perception about our community.

You are not an affluent black person just because you can afford to live next door to white people, you are an affluent black person when white people want to live next door to you.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:33 AM
JLA

627 posts, read 2,178,444 times
dbaxter, Columbus has a large well established professional African American community. Numerous doctors, lawyers, other professionals and business owners. Most are socially and community active. And one other thing, African Americans can live any place they can afford in this city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia