Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2019, 01:43 PM

909 posts, read 545,034 times

Advertisements

In the two mid-size cities of Savannah and Macon infrastructure is already being put in place. The deepening of the Savannah port and I-16/I-75 Pleasant Hill Mitigation in Macon-Bibb.
https://www.macon.com/news/state/geo...233967592.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 02:22 PM

3,874 posts, read 4,696,375 times
That's all interesting enough but despite repeated calls prior to and during this August Congressional Recess, I've not had any success in getting the word from perdue's D.C. & Atlanta offices as to when he will meet us, "the regular citizens of Georgia" in a town hall.

He is easily persuaded to meet with friendly groups such as in the chamber event linked above but he's a apparently a coward when it comes to meeting Joe Blow & family.

Perhaps if I registered as a special interest lobbyist I could fool him into meeting with me.

Old 08-14-2019, 02:55 PM
bu2

24,080 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
That's all interesting enough but despite repeated calls prior to and during this August Congressional Recess, I've not had any success in getting the word from perdue's D.C. & Atlanta offices as to when he will meet us, "the regular citizens of Georgia" in a town hall.

He is easily persuaded to meet with friendly groups such as in the chamber event linked above but he's a apparently a coward when it comes to meeting Joe Blow & family.

Perhaps if I registered as a special interest lobbyist I could fool him into meeting with me.
A lot of these town halls are infiltrated by political opponents trying to make a scene.

Its not like the past when most of the people attending these things were "regular citizens" instead of hyper-partisans. There have been several examples lately.

Old 08-15-2019, 06:42 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,696,375 times
Default U.s. Senator purdue speaks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
A lot of these town halls are infiltrated by political opponents trying to make a scene.

Its not like the past when most of the people attending these things were "regular citizens" instead of hyper-partisans. There have been several examples lately.

So on one hand you are excusing the current cowardice & the hiding of republican members of Congress, aka specifically Senator purdue, who are afraid to show up at town hall events.
On the other hand, would you similarly have given cover to Democratic politicians if they had hidden from their constituents in the summer of 2009 in the midst of the tea party explosion?

How did you feel then as you watched news coverage of incumbent Democrats repeatedly being taken to task over the policies of Obama? Were the tea partiers at the town halls also not "hyper-partisans" as you put it?

Given your oft-expressed political viewpoints on the forum, I'll offer that you probably supported that display of people giving vent to their voices 2009 , right?

In view of that, let me put it this way" "What's good for the goose is good for the gander".

Senator purdue: Come out of hiding wherein you only make public appearances at friendly events or venues!

Old 08-17-2019, 08:51 AM
bu2

24,080 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
So on one hand you are excusing the current cowardice & the hiding of republican members of Congress, aka specifically Senator purdue, who are afraid to show up at town hall events.
On the other hand, would you similarly have given cover to Democratic politicians if they had hidden from their constituents in the summer of 2009 in the midst of the tea party explosion?

How did you feel then as you watched news coverage of incumbent Democrats repeatedly being taken to task over the policies of Obama? Were the tea partiers at the town halls also not "hyper-partisans" as you put it?

Given your oft-expressed political viewpoints on the forum, I'll offer that you probably supported that display of people giving vent to their voices 2009 , right?

In view of that, let me put it this way" "What's good for the goose is good for the gander".

Senator purdue: Come out of hiding wherein you only make public appearances at friendly events or venues!
I suspect Dems in mixed districts would get the same treatment these days. Its pretty nasty and counterproductive to good government.

Also tends to drive good people from politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia