U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-17-2019, 10:59 AM
 
54 posts, read 43,853 times
Reputation: 58

Advertisements

I would like to see a “North Georgia” forum on this site. Atlanta seems so far away from the mountain towns of Blairsville, Hiawassee, Clayton, and Blue Ridge. The terrain and way of life are very different from the bigger Georgia towns. Does anyone know how to suggest a new city on this site?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-17-2019, 06:01 PM
 
15,573 posts, read 28,279,926 times
Reputation: 19276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnicola View Post
I would like to see a “North Georgia” forum on this site. Atlanta seems so far away from the mountain towns of Blairsville, Hiawassee, Clayton, and Blue Ridge. The terrain and way of life are very different from the bigger Georgia towns. Does anyone know how to suggest a new city on this site?
There are not enough posts to warrant a new forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2019, 07:01 PM
 
4,633 posts, read 7,814,420 times
Reputation: 14344
In other forums where there are Some active people that are a small portion of a whole, they simply start a unique Thread and everyone posts in there. Just a thought for you Dnicola
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2019, 03:31 PM
 
Location: N. Ga
3,771 posts, read 3,435,157 times
Reputation: 2168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
There are not enough posts to warrant a new forum.
Beretta...... is it possible to "pin" a North Georgia Thread in the general section...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2019, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Ono Island, Orange Beach, AL
10,214 posts, read 9,879,752 times
Reputation: 5897
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Beretta...... is it possible to "pin" a North Georgia Thread in the general section...?
Ah, the north Georgia mountains... I long to go there soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2019, 05:51 PM
 
54 posts, read 43,853 times
Reputation: 58
I often want to post about the Georgia mountains, but it just doesn’t seem to fit in the Atlanta area. I end up going to the North Carolina forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2019, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Rome, GA
7 posts, read 2,731 times
Reputation: 23
I live in Rome, so I would enjoy that too as I am not far
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2019, 05:54 AM
 
Location: Coastal Georgia
39,102 posts, read 48,059,764 times
Reputation: 66565
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Ah, the north Georgia mountains... I long to go there soon.
I’m visiting there right now. The scenic railroad is nice, and so are the shops. Haven’t found any good restaurants yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2019, 08:11 AM
 
Location: N. Ga
3,771 posts, read 3,435,157 times
Reputation: 2168
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Haven’t found any good restaurants yet.
What kind of food? There are some wonderful restaurants up here in the mountains, unless you're looking for pretentious over-priced, looks like it should be photographed and not eaten food. LOL. Try some good ole home country cooking after all that's part of the "mountain" experience........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2019, 09:10 AM
 
Location: Atlanta, GA
1,459 posts, read 4,461,019 times
Reputation: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
What kind of food? There are some wonderful restaurants up here in the mountains, unless you're looking for pretentious over-priced, looks like it should be photographed and not eaten food. LOL. Try some good ole home country cooking after all that's part of the "mountain" experience........
Yes, when I’m in the mountains I always head to the local “Meat and Three” restaurants!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top