Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 08:50 PM

2 posts, read 4,375 times

Advertisements

I live in screven county which is located between augusta and savannah. We just moved here from alabama recently. There are no malls or shopping in the area so we have to drive to one of the cities. Im wondering what city has the better shopping of the two. Which mall out of olgethrope in savannah vs augusta mall in augusta. Has the most selection and stores for a individual shopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 09:37 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,034,312 times
what particular stores interest you? I would suggest looking at the websites for the malls in both cities and look at the store directories.. and see which one has more of the stores you like. Also if there are particular stores you have in mind and go to the store's website and do a store locator search to see which cities have store locations.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:41 PM

10 posts, read 18,947 times
It depends on what you are looking for really. Both cities have their own share of selection when it comes to shopping in the city. But out the malls augusta mall is a far better choice.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:01 AM

Isn't Augusta Mall the only enclosed mall left in Augusta? I think Savannah still has two.. Oglethorpe and Savannah Mall. Savannah Mall does not have as many stores though as it once did, but is still doing quite well.. It's where the Bass Pro Shop is located. I thinbk both cities have about the same national chain stores for the most part.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:19 AM

4,582 posts, read 8,971,139 times
Savannah's shopping is definitely nothing to brag about, but its been 7 years since I've been to the Augusta Mall so I really couldn't give a valid comparison to the three malls (Augusta, Savannah & Oglethorpe)

I can say that Oglethorpe is doing a lot better than Savannah Mall even though the Savannah Mall has been improving lately.
Savannah needs an outdoor shopping area and/or lifestyle center!!(whatever they call those new urban styled shopping areas)

Old 04-19-2008, 06:43 AM

511 posts, read 2,476,936 times
Savannah hands down, August is just now talking of getting a bass pro shops, Savannah has had one for the longest which shows you how the two different economies support higher end retail, which Augusta is not used to.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:45 AM

29 posts, read 81,032 times
Bass Pro Shops has actually been trying to come to Augusta for years because they knew Augusta could handle it. That came straight from a Bass Pro executives mouth. Sometimes timing is everthing. They have been trying to find the best location and it looks like they did. With that being said, having a Bass Pro Shops doesn't mean your shopping is better. Macon has one and their shopping is no way near the level of Augusta's or Savannah's. Columbia SC doesn't have one and their shopping is even better than all three. Hell I don't even think New York City has a Bass Pro Shopps and they have the best shopping.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:50 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,175,873 times
LOL at someone thinking a Bass Pro Shopps equals better shopping. Now that's funny. LMAO

Old 04-19-2008, 09:04 AM

well... wasn't it the usual "Augusta" boosters who came on here a few days ago heralding the announcement their city was getting a Bass Pro Shop and insinuated that it meant Augusta had the best shoppping in the state after Atlanta.. Go read the thread!
Anyway.. as far as malls go.. I really think Macon Mall is the best mall in the state outside metro Atlanta.. and then Warner Robins has a decent mall just down I75. BUt I am not much of a mall person.. To me, you've seen one you've seen them all. I was in Mionnesota a while back and visited Ther Mall of America... it's big, but's it's still basically just a mall. I prefer city shopping

Old 04-19-2008, 09:30 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,175,873 times
The Macon Mall the best??? LOL isn't one of thier anchors empty. The cool thing about their mall is how it's split. I did think that was interesting. They need to remodel and add a Promenade like the Augusta mall did. That would make it looks nicer and compete with the other lifestyle center that was just built there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia