U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 12:06 PM

5,604 posts, read 4,575,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
I get amused by people who think providing criticism means it's about shaming. For the record I've lived part of my adult life in poverty, struggling to make ends meet. And by that I mean not knowing on the 20th of the month how I'm going to make my rent payment on the coming 1st. Not having food for days. I came to the US as an immigrant with something like $100 to my name.

I get her problems, I just don't get how she casually blew them off and ran for the highest office in the state.

BTW, thanks for the clarification of the HOPE scholarship timing. I wasn't aware of how new it was. You're right of course that it would have had zero impact on her education.
You do? You think that if she had made a big deal out of her debt, she would have gotten any more votes?

Old 11-09-2019, 04:20 PM

3,665 posts, read 5,359,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
So, to be clear -

She chose to attend a private college, an out of state public college, and an Ivy law school, none of which took advantage of Georgia’s Hope scholarship. Couldn’t she have stayed local and had most of her college paid for? She’s bright so probably would have been eligible for the Zell Miller.
She went to Spellman college in Atlanta for undergrad & Yale for law school, which is the #1 law school in the country. Taking out loans to go to Yale is a no brainer, you are set for life with a law degree from Yale.
Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia