Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2020, 10:38 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,310,772 times

Advertisements

Why do people keep linking to some random TV station article instead of the actual study?
Here it is:
https://wallethub.com/edu/best-state...-family/31065/

The columns are click-sortable and the study shows in some detail what factors they used to come up with their scores. It's kind of interesting to look at the result for other states.

We keep talking about quality of schools in Georgia as if it were a factor in this study.
It's not. "Quality of Public Schools" constitutes only 4% of the total score.

Here's one I find funny. It is the "Family Fun" ranking.
Georgia is number 29.
Hawaii is number 16, much higher than Georgia.
Do you see who has more family fun than Hawaii? Yes, it's Alaska and Nebraska.
I did google for 50 fun things to do in Nebraska to find out what my family has been missing.

"Affordability" makes no sense at all. New Jersey, Washington, and New York are at the top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2020, 04:45 PM

298 posts, read 303,179 times
Friends in CA are always complaining about the gang violence and over crowding of classrooms. They said in the elementary and middle school levels its becoming more difficult to handle all the incoming undocumented minors without raising taxes such as property taxes-its worse in CA because it is now a sanctuary state. I read an article that it takes 1.2 billion dollars to educate the unaccompanied minors-I think Texas ranked first in UAM and then CA. My friends said they tried to get their kids in private school but the cost is really high so they are in a lottery to try to get into a charter school. CA has beautiful weather and land - some of the best weather in the world but the problems are vast. I don't see how GA could rank so highly in the states worst to raise a family. I don't know the other states on the list but CA from what I am told is not one of the best places either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia