U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 03:10 PM

8,998 posts, read 4,879,624 times

Advertisements

Re. your in-laws voting against Loeffler. Pres Trump wanted Cong. Collins; Gov Kemp wanted and selected Loeffler. Much was made of Kemp bucking Trump at the time. So, I don't think it is odd that your in-laws are voting against her, likely for Collins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
The investigation is over for 3 out of the 4. This includes Feinstein so it’s not just for show or partisan.

I’ve seen first hand at companies where the DoJ can take a very high level of interest and what they look at. In this case there appears to be no “there” there.

Having said this, the optics are bad. My in-laws who are big Trump supporters have said they are voting against her in the Republican primary due to her stock sales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 05:47 PM

9,989 posts, read 5,096,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Re. your in-laws voting against Loeffler. Pres Trump wanted Cong. Collins; Gov Kemp wanted and selected Loeffler. Much was made of Kemp bucking Trump at the time. So, I don't think it is odd that your in-laws are voting against her, likely for Collins.
Interesting, thanks.

Old 05-31-2020, 07:32 PM

2,009 posts, read 1,720,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
The investigation is over for 3 out of the 4. This includes Feinstein so it’s not just for show or partisan.

I’ve seen first hand at companies where the DoJ can take a very high level of interest and what they look at. In this case there appears to be no “there” there.

Having said this, the optics are bad. My in-laws who are big Trump supporters have said they are voting against her in the Republican primary due to her stock sales.
I can respect that. (their choice re: sales) This is one of those things where it may be legal but it's slimy. Her husband is the NYSE owner CEO. Even if they didn't get caught I still bet she had earlier info than everyone in general and acted on it. I don't spare anything for either side. Feinstein should be investigated very closely too. I am an independent.

re: the Biden thing... yeah, what he said was dumb. But again, Loeffler is The Swamp. So if you want to MAGA, why do you like her. She is in the same class as Rich Mitch and his wife running DOT stealing our tax dollars to sprinkle down on their select few projects in one of the biggest welfare states KY and enrich campaign donors. Your tax dollars, they are taking. Doesn't sound conservative. Sounds swamptacular.

Burr, that will be interesting. But with who has control of the courts, executive, DOJ, and Senate he'll prob be fine. I would like to be pleasantly surprised!

Old 06-09-2020, 12:22 AM

28 posts, read 4,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
This lady needs to go! I'm a former Georgian, and a Conservative, but she's gone way too far on the ethics scale.

GEt ri of her now while you still can. Too many great replacements around to keep a corrupt wife of the CEO of the NY Stock Exchange.

Give her post to Dr. Tom Price.
Just 1 word " Agree with you"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia