U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-30-2020, 07:24 AM
 
946 posts, read 345,252 times
Reputation: 1244

Advertisements

Under a new executive order given by Georgia Governor Brian Kemp, teenagers within the Peach State will no longer need to pass a formal driving test in order to secure a driver's license. Instead they'll just have to get the 'A-okay' from their parents..."

https://www.complex.com/life/2020/04...ue-to-pandemic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-30-2020, 07:33 AM
 
10,122 posts, read 5,138,717 times
Reputation: 9756
That’s a bit concerning. To say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2020, 09:00 AM
 
Location: ATL -> HOU -> DAL -> ATL
4,772 posts, read 3,979,939 times
Reputation: 3896
Yea not a fan.

And I know, most current drivers couldn't pass the test if they had to take it right now. But they have years or decades of experience. Teens don't. So they lack experience and a driving test.

And it doesn't even make sense. Open up some businesses but cancel driving tests? And where are they driving with so much of the economy still shut down? This just seems so unnecessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2020, 09:24 AM
 
10,122 posts, read 5,138,717 times
Reputation: 9756
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
Yea not a fan.

And I know, most current drivers couldn't pass the test if they had to take it right now. But they have years or decades of experience. Teens don't. So they lack experience and a driving test.

And it doesn't even make sense. Open up some businesses but cancel driving tests? And where are they driving with so much of the economy still shut down? This just seems so unnecessary.
Plus if it’s set to expire mid-May why not just put it on hold for now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2020, 09:54 AM
 
Location: ATL -> HOU -> DAL -> ATL
4,772 posts, read 3,979,939 times
Reputation: 3896
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Plus if it’s set to expire mid-May why not just put it on hold for now?
Exactly
It just doesn't make sense. Why not wait?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2020, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Atlanta, GA
9,287 posts, read 3,974,582 times
Reputation: 6057
Terrible idea.

Besides, passing your driving test is a right of passage in America.

It would be terrible to take that away from the kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2020, 02:09 PM
 
Location: Georgia
5,845 posts, read 4,726,966 times
Reputation: 3540
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnHarris1 View Post
Under a new executive order given by Georgia Governor Brian Kemp, teenagers within the Peach State will no longer need to pass a formal driving test in order to secure a driver's license. Instead they'll just have to get the 'A-okay' from their parents..."

https://www.complex.com/life/2020/04...ue-to-pandemic
Our idiot governor makes yet another stupid decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2020, 02:46 PM
 
Location: Huntsville Area
1,279 posts, read 301,301 times
Reputation: 1756
Test or no test, I never found the Georgia drivers to drive that well anyway. And I lived there 12 years.

That is until I got on the State Highway 400 going north out of Buckhead at 5:30 a.m. That's when all the big Mercedes and BMW's hit the autobahn going to work running at speeds north of 90 mph. They were good, but fast drivers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2020, 07:46 AM
 
3,290 posts, read 1,304,549 times
Reputation: 3988
Not a good idea. Don’t understand the rush to do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2020, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Closer than you think!
2,277 posts, read 3,528,982 times
Reputation: 1754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman1 View Post
Test or no test, I never found the Georgia drivers to drive that well anyway. And I lived there 12 years.

That is until I got on the State Highway 400 going north out of Buckhead at 5:30 a.m. That's when all the big Mercedes and BMW's hit the autobahn going to work running at speeds north of 90 mph. They were good, but fast drivers.
Georgia drivers aren't good compared to who? I have lived in Virginia, Florida, and Alabama and other than driving faster, the GA drivers are much better drivers...especially when compared to FL and AL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top