Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 04:16 PM

9 posts, read 77,351 times

Advertisements

I want to move to georgia me my son and my boyfriend we would like to move to a place that's like the city in New York but a peaceful safe place where we can access the store without a car....What would be the best place in georgia? HELP ME PLEASE!!!! ..lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 08:11 PM

5 posts, read 29,480 times
I am not living in Georgia yet, but am originally from Long Island and thought that it might be useful to clarify "like new York but peaceful....". I suspect that others might want to know what aspects of New York you are looking for in order to be able to make suggestions...otherwise the answer very well might be nowhere like NYC but peaceful and safe.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:42 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
I imagine one of the Atlanta suburbs would work for you. There are 6 or 7 counties around the city proper with varying degrees of access to public transportation that are relatively safe and peaceful. Intown areas are also safe and rather expensive.

Try Tucker.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:01 AM

23,442 posts, read 44,050,291 times
If you are looking for a community that is safe, urbane and walkable, I suggest the city of Decatur...particularly downtown or Oakhurst Park.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:52 PM

483 posts, read 2,093,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovenv1 View Post
I want to move to georgia me my son and my boyfriend we would like to move to a place that's like the city in New York but a peaceful safe place where we can access the store without a car....What would be the best place in georgia? HELP ME PLEASE!!!! ..lol
Like NY, but peaceful and safe.
That leaves tall buildings.

Atlanta has some.

And deli's;
Got those too.

But getting to the store without a car?
Don't think we can help you there.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:35 PM

9 posts, read 77,351 times
Talking Thank You!!! For the Info. Are there any insights on Permeter?

I looked at some apartments in decatur. Its nice. Definitely Considering thats where I will be going to live. Very different from New York City as far as apartments and surroundings go.

But when I say City like New York I mean like its not too quite or its not dead, like I know theres others living around me. Cause i would really get home sick to crickets..lol... Thats wat I mean.

O and when I say Safe I mean For my son to grow up w/o all the gang banging shootout scenes involved...lol. I looked at an apartment in Perimeter and there the mall is close..Stores are a walkable distance...(If We get the urge for take out). Are there any insights on Permeter?

Last edited by lovenv1; 05-13-2008 at 03:46 PM..

Old 05-13-2008, 04:34 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
Some people have posted recently about some problems with older apt complexes in this area--Sandy Springs/Dunwoody.

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...-dunwoody.html

There are some good schools in this area and it is a safe area.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:53 PM

9 posts, read 37,120 times
Default Walkable Areas

Decatur is great (eastside ATL). Especially downtown. Very walkable and accessible to public transport (MARTA).

Athens also has pretty good public transport due the University and certain areas are very walkable (nothing like New York or other cities or towns in the North though)

Certain areas in the CITY of Atlanta can be expensive, but if you find the right areas, they can be walkalbe. Midtown, VA Highlands, Downtown, Little Five Points and East Atlanta to name a few.

Savannah is walkable as well. Can be expensive, and lack of grocery options in the denser areas of town.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:47 PM

21 posts, read 90,256 times
Default So Georgia on your mind...

It all depends if you desire a home, apartment or condo. Since you want to get around without a car consider marta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovenv1 View Post

Old 12-05-2009, 07:26 PM

2 posts, read 4,001 times
The best place for you is Atlanta, the second one is Decatur the 3rd one is close to mall of Georgia , Buford area , close to suwanee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia