U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 09:09 PM

1,319 posts, read 534,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
That doesn't reflect the reality on the ground, but that's beside the point as this thread is about Kemp. He had better be glad that he's not up for reelection this year. Worst approval rating in the nation for his coronavirus response. Worst in the nation!
What you originally posted was actually false as shown by the AJC links I posted.

Quit fear mongering and look at the actual statistics and data.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:09 PM

5,845 posts, read 4,720,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
The Michigan Governor is being mocked as fascist tyrant that is locking a state down over the previous models I spoke of that have been wrong from the start. This isn’t about Kemp because in reality he hasn’t really done anything. It’s about the CDC, WHO, and models that were wrong from day one on many aspects yet to this day are still trying to move the goalposts. As evidenced by The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention today has updated its guidance on COVID-19 to say that the disease "does not spread easily" on contaminated surfaces. It’s beyond ridiculous at the flip flopping on this at this juncture in the pandemic.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:10 PM

Quote:
What you originally posted was actually false as shown by the AJC links I posted.

Quit fear mongering and look at the actual statistics and data.
Huh? The data is clear, Kemp's approval rating has taken a big hit.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Huh? The data is clear, Kemp's approval rating has taken a big hit.
We aren’t talking about approval ratings. We are talking about your false comment:

Quote:
By reopening too quickly like this, many more people will die, and we're going to have to take protective measures for even longer.
That isn’t supported by any statistics or data as the AJC links showed.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:20 PM

Quote:
We aren’t talking about approval ratings. We are talking about your false comment:

That isn’t supported by any statistics or data as the AJC links showed.
Sorry, I'm going to require hard proof of your claim.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I'm going to require hard proof of your claim.
Read the links I posted from our city newspaper who certainly is no friend of Brian Kemp or anything he does. What you are claiming is/was going to happen simply isn’t/hasn’t no matter how bad you seem to want it to. You seem out of touch on what is actually happening in Atlanta and Georgia. Perhaps you should head over to the Michigan or Detroit forum?

Old 05-19-2020, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Read the links I posted from our city newspaper who certainly is no friend of Brian Kemp or anything he does. What you are claiming is/was going to happen simply isn’t/hasn’t no matter how bad you seem to want it to. You seem out of touch on what is actually happening in Atlanta and Georgia. Perhaps you should head over to the Michigan or Detroit forum?
I really don't understand your point. Are you trying to suggest that an increased number of cases from reopening too soon will lead to fewer deaths?

Old 05-19-2020, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I really don't understand your point. Are you trying to suggest that an increased number of cases from reopening too soon will lead to fewer deaths?

What you said was going to happen hasn’t happened since the reopening. You made a statement that isn’t supported by the actual data and statistics since the reopening. Of course you don’t understand it because what you were prognosticating hasn’t happened.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:37 PM

Hopefully this trend continues and we can allow people to get their lives and livelihoods back.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:38 PM

Quote:

What you said was going to happen hasn’t happened since the reopening. You made a statement that isn’t supported by the actual data and statistics since the reopening. Of course you don’t understand it because what you were prognosticating hasn’t happened.
Ohhh, you think that just because the number of cases has gone down that they will automatically continue to go down. I see.

Your claim has a small grain of truth in it--the number of cases over the last few weeks have slowly gone down. But what you miss is that a lot of places around the world have seen a much steeper decline. Our decline since early April has been ridiculously slow. Why don't you support measures to speed up the coronavirus decline so that we can finally be done with this disease? Maybe that's what the majority of Georgians who disapprove of Kemp's handling are trying to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or