U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 02:05 PM

5,716 posts, read 4,431,056 times

Advertisements

A few mistakes in the representation of the data, that are quickly corrected, does not mean the entirety of the data is bad, it doesn't even mean any of the data is bad, just that it got jumbled up when being displayed.

Old 05-20-2020, 02:07 PM

4,626 posts, read 6,516,093 times
Doctors are calling for an end to the lockdown.

Doctors raise alarm about health effects of continued coronavirus shutdown: 'Mass casualty incident'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doc...virus-shutdown

Old 05-20-2020, 02:12 PM

1,337 posts, read 544,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Here is what you said:

You claimed that an increase in testing leads to an increase in the number of people who have antibodies. Did you mean a number of people known to have antibodies?

No I said there would be data/numbers from:

Increased testing

Increased antibody testing

Those are two separate things from two different sentences in my post. You had no clue what antibody testing is. You don't find out you have the antibodies from a regular test. You don't find out if you have antibodies unless you take an antibodies test.

Last edited by ronricks; 05-20-2020 at 02:36 PM..

Old 05-20-2020, 03:26 PM

5,845 posts, read 4,730,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
No I said there would be data/numbers from:

Increased testing

Increased antibody testing

Those are two separate things from two different sentences in my post. You had no clue what antibody testing is. You don't find out you have the antibodies from a regular test. You don't find out if you have antibodies unless you take an antibodies test.
For the second time, these are the words that you chose to write:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
There is also going to be more cases of people having the antibody as well from those tests increasing.
You did not say "confirmed cases" or "recorded cases." You said "cases." Cases. Instances. Your implication was clear. More testing -> more people have antibodies. Or maybe you want to revise it.

Now. Back to the topic at hand. Why do you think Kemp's ineffective response to the virus is so unpopular with Georgians?

Old 05-20-2020, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Doctors are calling for an end to the lockdown.

Doctors raise alarm about health effects of continued coronavirus shutdown: 'Mass casualty incident'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doc...virus-shutdown
What does this have to do with Kemp's unpopular response to the virus?

Old 05-20-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
What does this have to do with Kemp's unpopular response to the virus?
Lol that he made the right decision. MD’s are coming out in force to lift the lockdown. It was an unpopular decision weeks ago when we didn’t know as much as we do now but now things are have changed for the better which will end up being really good for Kemp.

Old 05-20-2020, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Lol that he made the right decision. MD’s are coming out in force to lift the lockdown.
Can you please prove this using an unbiased source?

Quote:
It was an unpopular decision weeks ago when we didn’t know as much as we do now but now things are have changed for the better which will end up being really good for Kemp.
That is pure speculation at best. I'd love to see the numbers go down faster like they are in states such as Washington or kept low like states such as Oregon, but you and I clearly disagree as to whether that will happen. I predict that best-case, we're going to see an agonizingly slow decline. Worst-case, we'll get a second wave like Texas is getting.

Old 05-20-2020, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Can you please prove this using an unbiased source?

That is pure speculation at best. I'd love to see the numbers go down faster like they are in states such as Washington or kept low like states such as Oregon, but you and I clearly disagree as to whether that will happen. I predict that best-case, we're going to see an agonizingly slow decline. Worst-case, we'll get a second wave like Texas is getting.
We all know you want this to fail.

Old 05-20-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
We all know you want this to fail.
Huh? We clearly have differing opinions about what it will take to get the coronavirus out of here, but I am open to changing if a sufficient case can be made. Now if the doctors who you alluded to represent the general consensus of doctors, then I'll consider their opinion. But I first need an unbiased source to tell me that that is what they're saying, not just one or two out of thousands.

Old 05-20-2020, 05:53 PM

1,337 posts, read 544,318 times
Quote:
For the second time, these are the words that you chose to write:

You did not say "confirmed cases" or "recorded cases." You said "cases." Cases. Instances. Your implication was clear. More testing -> more people have antibodies. Or maybe you want to revise it.

Now. Back to the topic at hand. Why do you think Kemp's ineffective response to the virus is so unpopular with Georgians?
No my implication in two separate sentences was with more testing we are going to have more positive cases now from COVID 19 tests. In my second sentence I said there are also going to be antibody tests done ‘those’ meaning the separate antibody test. How was it that another poster knew exactly what I was saying but you didn’t? Oh that’s right you are the guy that is trying to argue that despite all the info we have since May 1st:

Quote:
It's pure recklessness. By reopening too quickly like this, many more people will die, and we're going to have to take protective measures for even longer.
Which the science tells us hasn’t happened. Welp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or