Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2007, 11:51 AM

9 posts, read 78,171 times

Advertisements

WOW I have read this entire post. Im in Tx right now but about to move to Griffin, Ga. After reading this, Im not sure we need to go to Ga. Is there any hope for a nice community? Or do I need to get three Rotti's and buy a gun before I go??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 06:55 PM

8 posts, read 66,053 times
Default Griffin is as good a place as any...

Gal5...definitely no need to buy a gun or vicious dogs
Griffin is a fairly quite, small town community. I've heard that the government there is corrupt...but that could just be a rumor or a problem that existed years ago.
Having said all that, I don't think I'd live anywhere without a home security alarm system...and that doesn't just apply to Georgia. I think Georgia is as safe or unsafe as just about anywhere else in the US. Don't know about the schools down there. I think Griffin is close to Fayetteville, which I've heard has good schools.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:00 PM

63 posts, read 223,286 times
I am also trying to find a great high school my baby girl is starting this year and were moving in september

Old 07-16-2007, 09:22 PM

218 posts, read 1,189,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolias and Moonlight View Post
Gal5...definitely no need to buy a gun or vicious dogs
Griffin is a fairly quite, small town community. I've heard that the government there is corrupt...but that could just be a rumor or a problem that existed years ago.
Having said all that, I don't think I'd live anywhere without a home security alarm system...and that doesn't just apply to Georgia. I think Georgia is as safe or unsafe as just about anywhere else in the US. Don't know about the schools down there. I think Griffin is close to Fayetteville, which I've heard has good schools.
Actually, I live in Fayetteville and Griffin is about 25 minutes from there; not bad at all.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:04 PM

71 posts, read 706,302 times
Smile Kennesaw

Gal5, you could always move to Kennesaw, GA. They have a law that every head of household has to own a gun. Crime in practically non-existant there!

Old 07-17-2007, 12:52 PM

71 posts, read 706,302 times
Smile Anything you want, you will find in Georgia!

Georgia is such a big state - largest state east of the MIssissippi River! You have mountains in the northern part, coastal plain and beaches in the east, Piedmont (which is the region which lies between the coastal plain, from which it is divided by the fall line, and the mountains in the north) and way south GA. Ga has big cities - Atlanta, Savannah, Columbus, Macon and Augusta, mid-size and small towns. The climate is the best anywhere, except summers are HOT and HUMID.
People are generally friendly. Schools are excellent to fair for the most part. Crime is almost non-existent to pretty bad, it all depends on where you live, and sometimes that applies to the same town or city.

It is helpful if you can determine what your new home area MUST have, so you will know what to look for. The best thing you could do is take a long weekend and travel the state. See the sights, talk to people.

Don't think you will find a better place to live than Georgia - you just have to decide what you are looking for.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:12 PM

16 posts, read 85,723 times
For The Person Who Wants To Know The Best Places To Live In Atlanta, I Personally Like Atlanta Because Of The Diversity And There Is Always Something To Do And Somewhere To Go , Moderator cut: Removed

Last edited by xxman777; 07-17-2007 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: Off Topic; personal debate

Old 07-17-2007, 10:00 PM

2 posts, read 22,161 times
I may throw off your 5 count there,hwd, but add Savannah to the worst list. Dog owners(alot of the college kids) think it's great to have a pet while in school. Hey, it's even cool to walk around Savannah with your dog. Let this pet
(usually a puppy) go wherever they need too. And forget the doggie bag ; ~] these pups dodo is biodegradeable. So Savannah does smell....stay inside on those hot days and you won't smell it. Out of site, out of mind. Except when those living here thrown garbage off the balcony. The cigarette butts, beer cans, and even the little kids get in the act by throwing food off their balcony and laugh about it. What a culture shock. I must have walked into the medieval period. That was normal then.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:15 PM

1 posts, read 19,572 times
I WISH PEOPLE WOULD TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THIS PLACE BEFORE THEY THINK ABOUT MOVE HERE.ROME, GA PLEASE IT'S A JOKE.CRIME IS NOT BAD HERE DRUGS AND THERE ARE SO EFFORTABLE HOUSING AND THE MAIN THING THAT YOU WILL SPEND YOUR YOUNG YEARS IN PRISON FOR ANY LITTLE THING AND BELEIVE YOU WILL WIND UP IN COURT. LIKE THEY SAY COME HERE ON VACATION LEAVE ON PROBATION. IF WE AIN'T GOT NOTHING IN HERE WE GOT A LOT OF POLICE. TO KEEP YOU BUSY ON BULL TO TAKE YOUR MONEY!. GOOD LUCK LOOK ON THE OUTER PART OF GA.

Old 08-25-2007, 09:57 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,035,014 times
5 Best:
1. Athens, GA
2. Metro Atlanta
3. Savannah
4. Camden County
5. Walker County (just south of Chattanooga)

5 worst
1. Augusta
2. Macon
3. Albany
4. Valdosta
5. Dalton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia