Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2008, 11:38 PM

2 posts, read 14,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraby View Post
We have to sell our house 2000 sq ft blt in 2003 ranch looking for a house on remax website having a hard time finding a city close by w/ 3 car garage and basement, is there no basements in GA?
I am sorry you are having to sell your home, it sound like a wonderful house to live in. There are very few areas in our state where you can build what I would say is a good solid basement. The reason it is really hard to build or find homes that have basements that "sound" and not "wet" is because the whole state of Georgia has a very high water level. We also have a lot of places where there is a lot of lime rock in the soil, and there is a major aquifer that runs through Georgia also along with many large rivers that connect to hundreds of ponds and lakes either on the top side or under ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 03:26 PM

2 posts, read 8,751 times
How is the City of Fitzgerald, GA (Ben Hill County) and Riverdale, GA (Clayton County)?

Old 09-10-2008, 10:46 PM

880 posts, read 2,862,090 times
I would stay away from Riverdale if I were you. County just lost accreditation (so home prices are expected to plummet). Crime is fairly high in that area (Clayton County had 50 murders last year for an 18 in 100,000 rate). When I used to go down Highway 85 on the way back from work each night, I would see at least 5 or 6 police cars having stopped someone with their weapons drawn just about every night.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:22 AM

12 posts, read 29,466 times
The incoporated part of Southwest Atlanta is beautiful and safe to live. I move here two years ago and it is completely opposite of what people are saying.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:48 PM

3 posts, read 17,726 times
"Human Being" makes Savannah sound like the good conservative place I've been looking for except for the schools that is. Wonder what happened to the public schools? Duh! Also, I never thought of looking in DC for conservatives. I learn something every day.

Seriously, Savannah is a beautiful city with lots of old south charm. There are many water front/marina type communities with lots to do. The nearby Military presence at Ft Stewart helps stabilize the area's economy. Like all cities though it has it's share of welfare ghettos.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:04 PM

115 posts, read 541,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilliams View Post
The incoporated part of Southwest Atlanta is beautiful and safe to live. I move here two years ago and it is completely opposite of what people are saying.
What part of southwest Georgia are you in?

Old 10-08-2008, 01:46 PM

5 posts, read 29,755 times
I agree!

Old 10-20-2008, 01:24 PM
phy

34 posts, read 150,679 times
Default Try Milledgeville, Ga

I have recently moved form Milledgeville, GA to Tallahassee, Fl.---I hate it here--The rent of homes is more than our beautiful,new,all brick home we haven't sold in Milledgeville. The homes on our side of town. are all old with low ceilings, which i Hate. We have 1 1/2 acres which you will not find here in a subdivision. If I could tell you where my home was, you would be impressed with the dollar value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz317 View Post
I have lived in Florida for five years searching for a county near Macon so I can be closer to my two grandchildren. Two years now I have driven to various counties and have not been overly impressed with the home value for the dollar compared to what I have....taxes are a big concern. We wish to be able to pay the taxes and stay in the home. We now have 5 acres and are in a very private area - 40 mintues drive to Cedar Key - one hour to Gainesville. I have not been to Fitzgerald but driven through Tifton many times on I-75, of course. What impresses you about Fitzgerald? I have never felt comfortable in the counties around Macon. Driving to the mall are some pretty undesirable looking neighborhoods. We have always lived in very rural farming areas but still have close access to a great library and good grocery shopping along with lots of farmers selling produce. Agricultural jobs would be a plus.

Old 11-28-2008, 10:02 PM

1 posts, read 6,374 times
i live in young harris,ga and it is nice BUT you better be rich or get some kind of check CUZ THERE AINT NO JOBS HERE!! NONE!! UNLESS YOU DRIVE QUITE A WAYS SO THINK FIRST BUT IT IS BEAUITFUL AND RENTS CHEAP

Old 12-31-2008, 10:13 PM

1 posts, read 5,643 times
I have a question which is a better place to live colorado or georgia and y?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia