U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 05-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Location: Atlanta
281 posts, read 977,163 times
Reputation: 200


I am looking for an attorney to assist me with the issues I am having with a builder. It is taking a year to get our punch list done. The builder is now finally reconstructing a part of the outside very poorly and is not convinced his construction will lead to future problems.

Perfect world I would like to sue them for breach of implied and expressed warrany, loss of vacation days, attorney fees, and hire my own contractor to fix everything.

How in the heck does a builder not think that huge gaps in the OSB surrounding the roof does not need to be fixed?

What can i do? Please send me a DM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 01:25 PM
5,439 posts, read 5,084,531 times
Reputation: 1129
Did you get the home inspected before buying? If so, were those items discovered? If so, what is the manner by which you and the builder agreed for them to be corrected?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2008, 06:12 AM
Location: Chattanooga TN
2,349 posts, read 9,865,705 times
Reputation: 1211
Have you tried the state contractors board? Worked wonders here in TN.

Georgia Board of General and Residential Contractors

It's a good place to start anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2008, 06:28 AM
80 posts, read 324,590 times
Reputation: 32
You should be able to handle it by getting estimates on the repairs to be done, and sending copies of the estimates along with a certified letter stating that you require a response in 30 days or the matter will be taken to court. See The Right to Repair Act, O.C.G.A. Sections 8-2-35.

But you do have to give the builder the right to repair, even if you don't like how does it. If he doesn't actually FIX the problem, take it to court. When I did this with the builder of my current home, he opted to just send me a check, and I used Mr. Handyman for the repairs we could not do ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top