U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2007, 08:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,873 times

Advertisements

We are exploring moving in the GA area from S. Florida within the next 12-18 months. I am a licensed clinical social worker (psychotherapist) and my husband is a licensed general contactor. What is the job outlook for these professions. We also want to move into a suburb area that has great schools. We have a daughter curretnly in kindergarten and one in preschool. Excellent education is my number one prority. They are curretnly attending a phenomenal private school. Any info on both best public and private schools would be helpful.
thanks in advance for your feedback.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2007, 09:15 PM

233 posts, read 1,157,760 times
There are great private schools in Chatham County, the public schools though are lacking. There are some good ones though. Effingham county public schools are great. I am not sure about private schools there. Muscogee County public schools were good. The pivate schools were always given good remarks and parent praise.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:53 PM

328 posts, read 781,146 times
you should check out the columbia county/mcduffie county area

Old 01-02-2007, 07:04 PM

527 posts, read 1,725,231 times
East Cobb is known for the best public schools. In regards to private school, not so sure, but if I had to guess: Roswell, Alpharetta, Kennesaw, and East Cobb.

All are great areas to live.

Good Luck

Old 01-04-2007, 05:23 AM

88 posts, read 463,836 times
Smile Let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlorida View Post
We are exploring moving in the GA area from S. Florida within the next 12-18 months. I am a licensed clinical social worker (psychotherapist) and my husband is a licensed general contactor. What is the job outlook for these professions. We also want to move into a suburb area that has great schools. We have a daughter curretnly in kindergarten and one in preschool. Excellent education is my number one prority. They are curretnly attending a phenomenal private school. Any info on both best public and private schools would be helpful.
thanks in advance for your feedback.
From the reading I have done all morning, It seems that many people are getting out of SFl. My husband and I are also considering going there after 4 days visit in the Duluth Area. We have friends there, who moved about 5 months ago and whom are very happy. I am interested in knowing any replies with respect to your Husband. My husband is a civil engineer. He wants to get a GC liscence here in FL in the next 5 months bus is wondering if it will seve in GA. Please let me know.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:08 AM

89 posts, read 99,562 times
Stay outta North Georgia or prepare to move freinds from Florida because you wont make many here.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:16 AM

89 posts, read 99,562 times
When are you Floridians gonna stop were sick of it. Look around at all the Florida tags crowding up our roads. We know its a free country so were free to hate Floridians and most of us do. Even working class Floridians that have been here for a while are moving because of all the Floridiots coming here.

Old 01-07-2007, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,871 times
Looking for 5 bed / 4 bth, min 3500 sft on min 0.5 wooded acre, new construction or older home in North Atlanta. I'm told Alpharetta, Roswell, Kennesaw, Duluth, Suwanee, Woodstock, Dunwoody are all good areas - not sure if affordable - My price range is b/w 250 - 280. I want a safe area with good schools. Please no areas with narrow minded, racist neo-cons - must have diverse population. I'd like to schedule a second visit to GA and would to see some properties. Any good suggestions?

Old 01-08-2007, 06:21 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,158,173 times
It's that new-construction-on-.5-acre requirement that's gonna be the challenge. Gotta remember; Atlanta has become a LOT like other major cities with crowded suburbs that extend 35-45 miles out.

All of the areas you mentioned are very nice. Some of them can be very expensive ($1M dollar homes are common) and a struggling to be diverse. I'd suggest a newer resale home in most of those areas.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:35 AM
LLD

654 posts, read 2,881,794 times
My goodness Johnny...LOL How many threads are you gonna post the same stuff too? I think any of us that read around here can easily see you don't want your little piece of the world to change and you don't want any more Floridians - although what I really think that translates to is you don't want anyone from the outside that doesn't have a certain mindset.

Lots of places in America have experienced the locals vs the outsiders thing when outsiders "discovered" a nice place to live. It's always an adjustment. I'm continually amazed at the really super negative stuff I read on these forums -- and not just Georgia either.

I have to say I thought maybe you were doing a Jeff Foxworthy parody for a while there with the loud country music, 4 wheeling and guns going off scenario you describe. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia