Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2022, 04:17 PM

11 posts, read 18,495 times

Advertisements

Hello all.

I will be posting this thread in the NC and GA forums as well.

My wife and I are looking for our forever home to finish growing old, and die. We are currently are in our late 40's, and just need a reprieve from thismodcutworld. I wont get to detailed here, but we are staunch Trump Supporters, but we don't judge anyone else's way of thinking and or life choices. I am a retired Law Enforcement, and Veteran, and my wife works from home. We are looking for a smaller town to retire too. Lets be real, I don't care about diversity, I care about quality of life, pride of ownership and safety. I hate big cities and crowded areas. We want to be close enough to the amenities, but far out enough to get away from the rat race. We use the "Costco" rule. Meaning, we like to be within at least an hour of Costco and 20-30 minutes from grocery shopping, i.e WalMart etc......

We have to have high speed internet, so other than Starlink, we need Hard lined speeds, at least 50 mbs down and 15 mbs up, No satellite. We have lived on large acreage (over 100 +), and small acreage (under 1 acre). We prefer something in the middle, maybe at least 2 acres min so I can put a shop if needed and I can shoot. Established neighborhoods over new construction is preferred. We want to be around like minded people, and want to blend into our community not change it. We have lived in CA, ID, VA, and Upper Pen MI.

Prefer lees exposure to tornados, but we understand it comes with the territory. When your time comes, the Lord is taking your ass no matter where you are.

We love the outdoors, but don't need to be in the boondocs. If you can afford us any incite on some areas that would be awesome. We are taking a impromptu road trip next week to buy a vehicle in NC. So we figured we would kill a few birds with one stone, and extend the trip to look into potential areas to call home.

Any help, is greatly appreciated.

I know some of you may attempt to troll this post, and I say go for it. There's a reason we have free speech, and I am wise enough to just ignore you anyway.

Last edited by Beretta; 05-19-2022 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: language

Old 05-16-2022, 05:22 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,648,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discosupafly_2022 View Post
Hello all.

I will be posting this thread in the NC and GA forums as well.

My wife and I are looking for our forever home to finish growing old, and die. We are currently are in our late 40's, and just need a reprieve from this crazy world. I wont get to detailed here, but we are staunch Trump Supporters, but we don't judge anyone else's way of thinking and or life choices. I am a retired Law Enforcement, and Veteran, and my wife works from home. We are looking for a smaller town to retire too. Lets be real, I don't care about diversity, I care about quality of life, pride of ownership and safety. I hate big cities and crowded areas. We want to be close enough to the amenities, but far out enough to get away from the rat race. We use the "Costco" rule. Meaning, we like to be within at least an hour of Costco and 20-30 minutes from grocery shopping, i.e WalMart etc......

We have to have high speed internet, so other than Starlink, we need Hard lined speeds, at least 50 mbs down and 15 mbs up, No satellite. We have lived on large acreage (over 100 +), and small acreage (under 1 acre). We prefer something in the middle, maybe at least 2 acres min so I can put a shop if needed and I can shoot. Established neighborhoods over new construction is preferred. We want to be around like minded people, and want to blend into our community not change it. We have lived in CA, ID, VA, and Upper Pen MI.

Prefer lees exposure to tornados, but we understand it comes with the territory. When your time comes, the Lord is taking your ass no matter where you are.

We love the outdoors, but don't need to be in the boondocs. If you can afford us any incite on some areas that would be awesome. We are taking a impromptu road trip next week to buy a vehicle in NC. So we figured we would kill a few birds with one stone, and extend the trip to look into potential areas to call home.

Any help, is greatly appreciated.

I know some of you may attempt to troll this post, and I say go for it. There's a reason we have free speech, and I am wise enough to just ignore you anyway.
Would look at Harris County, just outside of Columbus. Pine Mountain near Callaway Gardens or the Hamilton area. Also, Blue Ridge and the North Georgia mountains are nice.

Last edited by Beretta; 05-19-2022 at 04:44 PM..

Old 05-16-2022, 05:42 PM

416 posts, read 972,270 times
Murphy, NC

Old 05-16-2022, 08:06 PM

10,393 posts, read 11,489,724 times
In Georgia, I will first recommend that you start your search for a home in the exurban and rural greater North Georgia Mountains/foothills region because the North Georgia Mountains/foothills region (located north of Atlanta is one of the ‘Trumpiest’ (if that is a word) regions in a state in Georgia that has some pretty very deeply Trump supporting areas.

The exurban and rural areas of the North Georgia Mountains/foothills region are not just some of the most very deeply Trump supporting areas in Georgia but are also some of the most very deeply Trump supporting areas in the entire U.S.

Keeping at top of mind your request to be within an hour of a Costco, I will recommend Northwest Georgia areas within an hour’s drive of a Costco location like:

> North Cherokee County (Ball Ground, Nelson and Waleska)

> Pickens County (Jasper, Big Canoe and Talking Rock)

> Gilmer County (Ellijay)

> Fannin County (Blue Ridge)

> Bartow County (Emerson, Cartersville, Atco, Cassville, Euharlee, Adairsville, Kingston, White, Rydal) the Bartow County side of Acworth)

> North Paulding County (Dallas and the Paulding County side of Acworth)

> Gordon County (Calhoun)

> Floyd County (Rome)

... North Cherokee, Pickens, Gilmer and Fannin counties are all within about an hour’s drive of the Costco locations in Woodstock and Kennesaw... Bartow, North Paulding, Gordon and Floyd counties are all within about an hour’s drive of Costco locations in Kennesaw and Dallas (Georgia).

The Costco in the far-outer Atlanta suburb/exurb of Dallas, Georgia in Paulding County is also accessible from outlying outer-exurban West/Northwest Georgia areas like Polk County (Rockmart and Cedartown) in addition to being accessible from aforementioned Northwest Georgia areas like Floyd, Bartow and North Paulding counties.

I will also recommend Northeast Georgia Mountain and foothills region areas within an hour’s drive of a Costco location like:

> North Forsyth County (Cumming and the Forsyth County side of Gainesville)

> Dawson County (Dawsonville)

> Lumpkin County (Dahlonega)

> White County (Cleveland and Helen)

> Hall County (Flowery Branch, Gainesville, Murrayville, Clermont, Lula, Gillsville)

> Habersham County (Alto, Baldwin, Cornelia, Demorest, Clarkesville)

> Jackson County (Braselton, Hoschton, Jefferson, Commerce)

> Stephens County (Toccoa)

> Banks County (Commerce and Homer).

... North Forsyth, Dawson, Lumpkin, White and Hall counties all are within about an hour’s drive of the Costco locations in Cumming and Alpharetta... Hall, White, Habersham, Jackson, Stephens and Banks counties all are within about an hour’s drive of the Costco location in Buford.

Old 05-16-2022, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Would look at Harris County, just outside of Columbus. Pine Mountain near Callaway Gardens or the Hamilton area. Also, Blue Ridge and the North Georgia mountains are nice.
Much of Harris County is within about a 50 minute to 1 hour, 15 minute one-way drive of the Costco location in Newnan.

Old 05-16-2022, 08:46 PM

450 posts, read 461,760 times
If you prefer southern Georgia, Effingham County outside Savannah, Springfield and Guyton meet your requirements. Walmart in Rincon 10-20 minutes, Costco in Pooler about 30 minutes. Pooler has another Walmart, Sams Club and Tanger Outlets if needed. An hour to Downtown Savannah.

Old 05-16-2022, 10:27 PM

In North Carolina, the mountainous western part of the state (know locally as Western North Carolina or WNC) likely would be the best part of the state for you to consider because of the deeply conservative Trump-loving culture and because of the exceptional beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains region.

The only drawbacks are that (outside of the exceedingly vibrant Blue Ridge Mountains city of Asheville) some parts of the area can be isolated and there are no Costco locations in the immediate area.

The nearest Costco locations are in Knoxville, Tennessee; Greenville, South Carolina; Spartanburg, South Carolina; Charlotte, North Carolina; and Winston-Salem, North Carolina... All of which are kind of large and important industrial hub cities in the Southeastern U.S.

The Costco locations in Knoxville, Charlotte and Winston-Salem are about a 2-hour one-way drive from Asheville, NC. The Costco locations in the South Carolina Upstate (Greenville, SC and Spartanburg, SC) are only about a little over an hour’s one-way drive from Asheville.

Some parts of the greater WNC region will be closer to Charlotte and Winston-Salem, while some parts may be closer to the South Carolina Upstate, and some parts of the WNC region will be closer to Knoxville, while other parts will seem closer to Chattanooga and Atlanta.

And since WNC shares a popular national park and tourism area (Great Smoky Mountains National Park) with Eastern Tennessee, you probably also could consider looking for property on the Tennessee side of Great Smoky Mountains National Park area where in many cases there may be noticeably more amenities on the Tennessee side than on the North Carolina side of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park area.

There’s also a Costco in Ringgold in Catoosa County in extreme Northwest Georgia just across the Georgia/Tennessee state line from Chattanooga, Tennessee, which is an exceedingly vibrant city in a very scenic area of foothills and low mountains surrounding the Tennessee River Valley.

The greater Chattanooga area (Southeast Tennessee and Northwest Georgia) would be a great area to consider because of the beautiful scenery of the area and the vibrancy of the city of Chattanooga.

The counties to look at in the greater Chattanooga area would be:

> Whitfield County, Georgia (Dalton)

> Catoosa County, Georgia (Ringgold, Fort Oglethorpe)

> Walker County, Georgia (Rossville, Fort Oglethorpe, Chickamauga, LaFayette)

> Dade County, Georgia (Trenton, GA)

> Bradley County, Tennessee (Cleveland, TN)

> Hamilton County, Tennessee (Chattanooga)

> Marion County, Tennessee (Jasper, Kimball, South Pittsburg, Monteagle, Whitwell)

> Sequatchie County, Tennessee (Dunlap, TN)

> Rhea County, TN (Dayton, TN)

Old 05-17-2022, 08:04 AM

11 posts, read 18,495 times
Ty soo much for all of your replies. Lots of homework to do now!

Old 05-17-2022, 10:05 AM

10,347 posts, read 8,563,021 times
Might be helpful if you state your budget

Old 05-17-2022, 10:22 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,141,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban5 View Post
Murphy, NC
Murphy would have everything but it's location puts it out of the OP's "range." Nearest Costco to Murphy is in Cumming. Drive time per GPS 1 hour 46 minutes... (and that's going over Blood Mountain)......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia