Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 10:52 AM

79 posts, read 258,623 times

Advertisements

We have had an ongoing problem with ants since we moved here in late 2006. The apartment complex leasing office staff & manager have been very helpful in trying to resolve the issue. We had an exterminator come to our apartment every Monday for almost 2 months to spray the areas near water (bathrooms, kitchen, laundry). According to the exterminator, the problem is caused by the drought & cold weather. But with professional treatment the problem continued.

We decided to discontinue treatment inside due to our fear of unknown chemicals used by the exterminators weekly. So, we bought a regualr can of raid at Walmart ($3.00), sprayed once a week for about one month, then monthly, and now we haven't seen but maybe 3 ants in the last month or so. I think that the pest control company was definitely hosing the management company...just think 297 apartments! After we did not schedule any more appointments the manager told us that the exterminator said that we should not use Raid or store products because it thwarts his efforts to eliminate the ants. He suggested using Windex...just for fun we tried it, no luck with the Windex.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,308 times
Go to any of the do it yourself pest control places around Atlanta. they will have the necessary ant bait. The bad news is that it is impossible to eliminate ants (probably argentine ants) because there is actually only one argentine ant colony in the world. It covers three continents. They can be controlled by keeping the counters clean , keeping food picked up and using an ant bait like max force

Old 04-23-2011, 10:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,202 times
I am frustrated with a bug problem in HINesville, we moved in, no bugs or anything.. the apartment was dusty and dirty from being un-occupied. Then we moved in and on move in day we found mouse feeces and remedied that on our own after we were told just to get traps for them. (luckily we only had one mouse) NOW for the last month we have been battling ants which today became much worse.. along with the flies which started a week ago, a couple at first, and the last two days it seemed like all day was spent swatting and smashing them. This is an issue that literally had me in tears because from day one there has been no food or even crumbs anywhere in our kitchen. The worst part is the ants are on the counters and flies are on the doors, never (and i mean NEVER) have we seen them around our only trashcan (which does have a lid). So after my tears started (when i opened a DISH cabinet to find my hand on basically an army of ants) my husband baught some indoor/outdoor pest killer. So far it's killed numerous aunts (which are stuck to the walls) and a couple of flies. Low and behold to my surprise i go into the kitchen an hour ago to find a cockroach! I am so stressed at this point, I have never EVER lived somewhere with this many pest issues! the ants keep getting worse and now we have to worry about roaches. WHAT should I do? I feel like we are imprisoned in a giant bug cage of some sort.

Also, does anyone know what purpose cotton balls have inside a stove? our stove seems to be filled with them and because of that i have not once used the stove top or oven, i'm terrified it might go up in flames. (i discovered this during a deep kitchen cleaning when the ants weren't going away, luckily we're military and had no pots and pans yet to use the oven prior)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia