Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2006, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,892 times

Advertisements

Looking in the Flowery Branch area right now. I am looking to be able to transfer to a school within the company that I currently work and there is a location there. Would like some info about the area such as is it rural/suburb? Highways at easy access? Good school systems - public/private? Low crime rate? Generally good people? How is the area in general....is it a good place to live?

Thanks in advance for any help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2006, 07:44 PM

10 posts, read 31,250 times
Flowery Branch is TINY!! It has Lake Lanier in it's downtown area - check out Up The Creek restraunt!!
You can check out the school system on my site and I think Hall county is o.k. but N.Gwinnett (just south of Flowery Branch, 5 miles) has some of the best testing scores for the state.
Crime is very low, suburbs are great and if you don't have to drive into Atlanta, you have hit the jackpot!! The Mall of Georgia is only about 15 minutes from downtown Flowery Branch.
You have the lake, mall and work, what more could you ask for LOL
Homes can range from 150k-1mill (the high end would be a mansion on the lake with double deck boat dock, low end, ranch in subdivision).
Hope this helps!!

Last edited by Marka; 02-18-2006 at 12:55 AM..

Old 03-06-2006, 10:19 AM

2 posts, read 14,241 times
Dear Danielle,

My husband and two young sons are thinking of moving to Georgia from Morristown, NJ. We too are looking into the south Atlanta area, Hampton, Stockbridge, Fayette, any info you would care to share would be greatly appreciated.

Mary

Old 09-20-2006, 05:29 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,403,643 times
Maple Shade,

What are you looking for:
Fast paced
Laid Back
Diverse
Not Diverse
Liberal
Conservative

Lived in Mt.Laurel for 10 years and miss it.

Get ready for culture shock! I grew up in WV and people told me when I moved to Jersey to prepare for the shock. Actually, did not have the culture shock and married a Jersey girl. Now moving to Georgia after WV and twice living in VA. WOW! now GA is culture shock.

Old 12-03-2006, 05:55 PM

3 posts, read 7,443 times
Default response

Hi,
I am looking to move from Randolph, NJ to Alpharetta, GA. Why do you say culture shock? We love Randolph but now want a more affordable place to live with good schools, a nice sense of community and close shopping conveniences. We are conservative and do not want an inner city type of town.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:04 AM

5 posts, read 15,698 times
I live in Hampton, Ga, just outside of Atlanta. Nice suburban feel small town, shopping everywhere from a two minute drive to huge malls within fifteen minutes. I am even getting to know my neighbors... you meet the same people again and again at the local wal- mart. If you are looking for the small town feel Henry County is a place you want to check out ... it's growing fast though

Old 11-24-2007, 04:17 PM

26 posts, read 116,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Maple Shade,

What are you looking for:
Fast paced
Laid Back
Diverse
Not Diverse
Liberal
Conservative

Lived in Mt.Laurel for 10 years and miss it.

Get ready for culture shock! I grew up in WV and people told me when I moved to Jersey to prepare for the shock. Actually, did not have the culture shock and married a Jersey girl. Now moving to Georgia after WV and twice living in VA. WOW! now GA is culture shock.
Better believe it! Culture shock is mild. Unpaved roads, no sidewalks, no street lights, many residents don't know what county they reside in or what the county seat is. Outside plumbing is the norm. Many children don't own shoes or a clean change of clothes. Schools are available but best left to conservatives. Jobs, when available, are minimum wage or less. Police and fire protection are usually available in larger towns but rural areas generally have to wait on bucket brigades.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:44 PM

58 posts, read 222,754 times
Wink altamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by altamaha View Post
Better believe it! Culture shock is mild. Unpaved roads, no sidewalks, no street lights, many residents don't know what county they reside in or what the county seat is. Outside plumbing is the norm. Many children don't own shoes or a clean change of clothes. Schools are available but best left to conservatives. Jobs, when available, are minimum wage or less. Police and fire protection are usually available in larger towns but rural areas generally have to wait on bucket brigades.
Altamaha, you are a trip! After awhile you get use to the way we live down here. You have to search far and wide to find a dirt road now, but I no plenty. Bartow is the county. If your lucky, you might still find an outhouse or two. LOL!!!!!!! DANG IT BOY!!!!!!!! Hey, even I still run around bare-footed. If you got plenty of money, schools no promblem. Jobs, I don't no, but the waffle house used to pay $2.01 an hour. We got plenty of police where I live, even if you don't need them, they still show up. Fire trucks, you can hear them coming a mile before you see them. But, it's best to have lots of water hoses. LOL Welcome to my world, where we still say maters, taters, naners, okre, yep, nope, 'reckon, unyuns, and it ant yellow, it's yeller. Yep!!!! Proud to be from DAH SOUTH!!!!

Old 11-25-2007, 07:29 PM

10 posts, read 42,073 times
Not sure about that culture shock - I've been all over and spent time in Miami and New York City. Ah, now I get it. Atlanta, Miami and New York are all melting pots and have many different communities to offer. If you can say what you're looking for someone can help direct you. You can ask questions like: is there a Purple Church there - and we can answer but some people can't just offer that there is a strong Purple community in that area. Capiche?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia