Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 11:52 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,390,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsavannahian View Post
Comparing Augusta to Savannah...i'm not really sure if Augusta is growing faster than Savannah. But the growth in these cities is completely different. The growth of Augusta mimics ATL...in that there is central city with large buildings and a disfunctional downtown area, where people generally don't live, with huge, sprawling suburban delevopments. The metropolitan area of Augusta is like twice as big as the Savannah metro area. And the city is much more highway-oriented/automobile driven, rather than the dense, mid- and low-rise buildings of Savannah. If Beaufort and Jasper counties were included in the Savannah MSA, as south carolina is added to Augusta's, then Savannah would have a more populous metro area and would still cover a smaller area of land. The amount of area and population attributed to metro Augusta is ridiculously overexaggerated, in my opinion.
Disfunctional? Where people generally don't live? Been to Atlanta lately?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 10:58 AM

6,610 posts, read 9,038,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Disfunctional? Where people generally don't live? Been to Atlanta lately?
Downtown Atlanta is far from dysfunctional...I could list many reasons why it is highly functional, but the one that many people aren't aware of is the downtown population of around 30,000.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:03 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysays View Post
I live in columbus georgia but just got back visiting from augusta. I mean augusta has some huge construction projects happening. The type you normally see in atlanta. I heard they're getting a spaghetti interchange. From just spending time in augusta for about 2 weeks. It seems they are growing faster than columbus, macon, and savannah. Augusta suburbs versus the others in growing is not even close. They're suburban areas are growing twice as fast as ours. I notice their downtown had alot of construction going on too. I have family that stay in macon, and i visit savannah alot time to time. I would say augusta does have the best chance. Of becoming the 2nd true metropolitan area in georgia. Savannah, columbus are second and third. Then i'll say macon. I wish columbus had some of the same massive interstate projects like augusta happening in the city. It would make columbus feel alot bigger. Augusta mall makes the other 2nd tier cities mall look pathetic.
Can't imagine why this 2008 thread was revived ( ) but to clarify -- Savannah is the fastest growing 2nd-tier metro in Georgia, according to the Census.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:30 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,038,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Can't imagine why this 2008 thread was revived ( ) but to clarify -- Savannah is the fastest growing 2nd-tier metro in Georgia, according to the Census.
It was revived by this post: "How did I get in here?"

If I had noticed the dates I wouldn't have responded. I hate when people sift through the old threads and revive them for no reason other than to satisfy an argument they are having in another thread. That's apparently what happened here. I mean, go find something to do rather than digging up old discussions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia