Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2007, 01:28 PM

2 posts, read 37,496 times

Advertisements

Hi!
I'm moving to GA from FL so you have an idea of what I'm running from!
I'm looking for a smaller town with lots of trees, cooler weather, clean air, nice people, great schools (I have a 14-year-old so we'll need good high schools), not very far from a bigger city though (for concerts, college and airport) but without the traffic, a town where you can find good jobs, friends and organic food easily... any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2007, 02:38 PM

67 posts, read 376,517 times
LOL! All that and organic food too?

You and about 50,000,000 other people.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:49 PM

89 posts, read 121,454 times
Somewhere in South Georgia Id say definetly South Georgia. There are some nice towns south of Atlanta Im sure some more folks on this board could tell you. But some advice its never good to move someplace just because your running from another because a lot of times when people are running from one place they usually turn the place where their going into what they left. But it almost sounds like your looking for some kind of Wonderland????

Old 02-05-2007, 05:54 PM

5 posts, read 13,110 times
I know what you're running from. I left the same thing behind in NYC. My only regret is that I didn't come down before 2004. There are many towns that will meet your needs. I like north Atlanta because it really captures the essence of the "new South" sophisticated yet affordable. In the three years I been here I've meet a handful of people who are actual from here. Without knowing much more about you than what your note says, I would say, checkout Peachtree City on-line. It's 40 minutes south of Atlanta and growing in popularity.

Last edited by Harold; 02-05-2007 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: type o's

Old 02-05-2007, 10:43 PM

91 posts, read 476,409 times
Default The weather is certainly not cooler in South Georgia!

Woo Wee
Stifling heat down there.

Old 02-11-2007, 01:13 PM

3 posts, read 11,803 times
I would definitely not recommend the Northeast Georgia Mountains to you! Why don't you take a look at Gainesville or Canton, Georgia?

Lawrenceville is right! South Georgia is as hot and humid as Florida!

Sharron Lobman

Old 02-15-2007, 11:56 PM

283 posts, read 1,191,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold View Post
I know what you're running from. I left the same thing behind in NYC. My only regret is that I didn't come down before 2004. There are many towns that will meet your needs. I like north Atlanta because it really captures the essence of the "new South" sophisticated yet affordable. In the three years I been here I've meet a handful of people who are actual from here. Without knowing much more about you than what your note says, I would say, checkout Peachtree City on-line. It's 40 minutes south of Atlanta and growing in popularity.
Got to agree here. It has everything you are looking for but also check out Tyrone and Brooks neighboring towns with less traffic. I went to these schools and have to agree with every report I ever heard about them being the best in the state. I went to other schools in GA and my performance wasn't the same and this forced my mother to move back. All of family has attended in these schools and my sisters refuse to let their children attend elsewhere

Old 02-19-2007, 09:52 AM

25 posts, read 109,266 times
I would also suggest Canton or perhaps Cumming. Both of these towns are a bit different then Peachtree, but I think they sound close to what you are looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia