Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 02:39 PM

126 posts, read 579,479 times

Advertisements

Has anyone used them? What was your experience?

Old 02-16-2007, 12:46 AM

283 posts, read 1,193,540 times
Wish I could answer you. I have heard of this company for many years but never talked to an actual person who has used them. I've even bought a couple of their books but found that the plans don't change often just get reorganized. Good luck

Old 02-16-2007, 05:13 PM

126 posts, read 579,479 times
Darn. Having been burned twice in the past six years by builders, I am so hesitant to build ANYTHING. I'm hoping Southland is reputable. But I need to have something more concrete than "hope" to go on...

Old 08-12-2007, 02:03 PM

1 posts, read 16,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyhen View Post
Has anyone used them? What was your experience?
I strongly advise anyone against building with Southland. I foolishly did so,and it was a horrible experience. The salespeople will lie about anything. Their construction is shoddy, and that's being nice! It took us over a year to get in, and we finally just gave up the fight. The walls are crooked, the floor is uneven, the wiring is faulty (we're getting ready to fight that one out now on the warranty,ha). We'll probably end up having to come out of pocket again.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:13 AM

4 posts, read 91,210 times
We had neve heard of City-Data.com when a friend told us about it. In searching for different things, we came across this persons experience with this Builder. Frankly, our experience with Southland Custom Homes, in Georgia was one of the most rewarding and satisfactory experiences we could have ever dreamed. Building a new house should be a very fun and pleasent experience, and this company "start to finish" provided all this and more". Thank you Southland for building us a experience that was wonderful, and for the home our family no doubt will enjoy for years to come.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 16,302 times
I definitely agree. I talked with Robb over at the Marietta office and he helped us pick out the perfect floorplan. Not only that, but customized it with no additional cost. These guys can go whereever they need to be to start construction on a new home in the state of Georgia. You can't beat how much house you get for the money.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:26 PM

3 posts, read 24,941 times
Default Beware of Southland Custom Homes

My husband and I gave Southland Custom Homes $2500 to order plans for our new home in Georgia on 3-14-08. As of today, 8-4-08, we have not received any plans, nor any explanation from Southland as to where our plans are. In addition, they have been untruthful in their promises and have ignored our requests for a refund. Bottom line, we paid them $2500 and we have nothing for our money. Beware of dealing with this company!

Barbara and David Moore

Old 08-05-2008, 01:57 PM

25 posts, read 171,157 times
I would look at Americas home place first, also look into any complaints against them on the BBB.
Good luck

Old 08-06-2008, 11:42 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,942,337 times
You provide the land, they provide the house.

In this economic climate, one must be careful when giving upfront money to anyone. If at all possible, have those funds (builder deposits, earnest money) placed in a trust account; these are negotiable points when buying real estate.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:43 AM

4 posts, read 91,210 times
It seems, often times that the general population ignores the fact that most business are profit oriented businesses. It is virtually impossible to operate any business, including one's personal household, without income at least sufficent in supply to cover one's "costs of doing business". I remember very vividly, when my wife and I entered into a contract to build with Southland Custom Homes, that we provided them with an initial deposit adaquate to cover plan and drafting costs. We changed our minds (several) times, and delayed the entire process for many months. They offered to refund our deposit numerous times, or extended us the option of keeping it "on deposit" with them until we reached a conclusion on what we wanted to do in the way of construction. Based on our experience, we could not have found a more qualified, or honest building company. Once we made our final decision, they promptly applied our deposit to what we owed them for plans, drafting, etc. and we now are happly enjoying our dream home, which they professionally, and on budget provided us. Wonderful company, and people!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of: