Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 04:44 PM

16 posts, read 39,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Have you tried to find apartments/houses/condos/roommates on craig's list?

craigslist: atlanta classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

To search this area you could use Norcross or Peachtree Corners and you might find some reasonably priced duplexes to rent. That might be better for you at this point.
i will try that now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 02:28 PM

okay i been going through the police station and they say that lakeview estates in tucker is safe and the best bet.
the address is6168 norcross tucker road
tucker ga 30084. anyone know about this place?

Old 09-30-2008, 02:34 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,479,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisetetreau View Post
okay i been going through the police station and they say that lakeview estates in tucker is safe and the best bet.
the address is6168 norcross tucker road
tucker ga 30084. anyone know about this place?
I know that Tucker-Norcross or Norcross-Tucker Rd is relatively safe and a stone's throw from the Walmart. There are old and new subdivisions on the Tucker end.

I would visit this complex several times and form my own opinion.

I think the area around Graves Rd, which may be Lilburn, has significant crime.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I know that Tucker-Norcross or Norcross-Tucker Rd is relatively safe and a stone's throw from the Walmart. There are old and new subdivisions on the Tucker end.

I would visit this complex several times and form my own opinion.

I think the area around Graves Rd, which may be Lilburn, has significant crime.
thanks so much. you have been the biggest help since i started this search. me and my friend are gonna leave work on break and go there tonight to check it out.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:47 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,479,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisetetreau View Post
thanks so much. you have been the biggest help since i started this search. me and my friend are gonna leave work on break and go there tonight to check it out.
No problem. At one point in my life I had roommates and had to find new apartments too frequently. It was 'bad' then and seems to be worse now.

Years ago there were some apartments on Chamblee Tucker/Embry Hills, Lake Louise, IIRC. I don't know how things are going over there now but I recall that a police officer was awakened by a burglar and shot him a few years ago. DeKalb PD headquarters is only about 5 minutes away now.

There are also some apartments along Henderson Mill Rd around Northlake Mall.

There are some little houses that are occasionally 'For Rent' around Friendship Rd in Tucker. I would drive around a bit.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 09-30-2008 at 03:02 PM..

Old 10-06-2008, 03:15 AM

well i got my apartment in norcross and i was suppose to move oct10th. the owner of the business i work at called and offered me a deal i cannot refuse. she wants me to relocate and go to columbus to manage the denny's there. it is on macon street in columbus ga. i have read stuff on here about columbus and it seems more laid back and way less crime. i think i will be happy there. now to cancel my apartment in norcross

Last edited by louisetetreau; 10-06-2008 at 03:17 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-16-2008, 01:44 PM

i am moving to columbus nov.13th. i got a townhome at trace townhomes in columbus on willis street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia