Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 11:15 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,613,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
You and ATLCOL1 need to be in the same bag together, Macon Haters......I not going to waste my time with either of we will just let time tell who will be number 1....I'm sure it want be Columbus...

Not hating on Macon, I never lived in either one, been to both several times and it's clear that Columbus has a better government and seemed more progressive. Why would I hate Macon? What does it get that Columbus doesn't....maybe Florida's Traffic....get real.....Go Columbus!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 01:12 PM

7 posts, read 22,722 times
[SIZE=3]I was born and raised in Columbus Ga. and will be moving to the Atlanta area in February. I would not recommend Columbus to a sociable and vibrate single or married couple with or without kids unless you are relaxed and retired. I say this because my kids are dying to move as well as I because there is so little to do here. I think the only thing that is keeping the town alive is Ft. Benning because if you remove the base from here there would not be anything. The city builds up according to the soldiers and their families. There is racism and old money. Meaning you got to know someone in order to get ahead and the companies do not grow with new generation. For example at one of the company no open toe shoes, no goatee, no loud color (I am talking about pink or green or the new summer colors). We are basic do not try and take us out of our comfort zone, LMAFO! School is a different story, you have to move in the neighborhood or fight with the school board. If not then you need to learn the word “HARDSHIP” because you will be using it if you care about the quality of your child’s education. The schools on the north get way funding then the south for example my niece went an entire year without being able to bring a book home because there was only one and everyone had to use it. If you are active and like being out and you settle here then you find yourself traveling to do things that are exciting (there are some here but you can go through them quickly).If you are like my mom who does not want me to move “because the world is to fast” then you might find happiness. Whatever it is I wish you the best of luck on you decision. I can not and will not comment on Savannah other than the fact that it a beautiful city. Please keep in mind there is nothing wrong with Columbus if you are the right person for the environment.[/SIZE]

Old 01-02-2009, 03:42 PM

726 posts, read 2,817,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
Not hating on Macon, I never lived in either one, been to both several times and it's clear that Columbus has a better government and seemed more progressive. Why would I hate Macon? What does it get that Columbus doesn't....maybe Florida's Traffic....get real.....Go Columbus!!!
there is not a person with common sense can visit Macon and Columbus at this present time and say that Columbus is more progressive than Macon.....Because Macon has more growth and development right than Columbus......
you need to Read this forum though..................
//www.city-data.com/forum/georg...le-retail.html

Old 01-03-2009, 03:46 AM

Quote:
there is not a person with common sense can visit Macon and Columbus at this present time and say that Columbus is more progressive than Macon.....Because Macon has more growth and development right than Columbus......
you need to Read this forum though..................
//www.city-data.com/forum/georg...le-retail.html

LOL....I visited both and Columbus does has more growth than Macon. In case you didn't know, Columbus is adding 30,000 residents and the area is growing everywhere especially in Midland and North Columbus. Macon isn't growing, things are moving from the Mall and that area to the northern part of town. Also, I have common sense and enough to realize that Macon is a joke and it needs to become a surburb of Atlanta.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:17 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,096,883 times
You can't take cdw1084 serious for many reasons. The main reason is that this person said Columbus seems "bigger" than Savannah. Another reason would be that they compare "unincorporated" areas that got slapped on the label of being a "city" to Macon.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:25 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,096,883 times
LOL....I dont care what ANYBODY says, I've recently lived in BOTH Macon and Columbus.
Late Night, I see Macon and Columbus equally as dead, but for my taste Macon has more places to get into. I guess that can go either way depending on what type of late night hang out spot you want to go to, but I seriously doubt either one of the cities have SO much more to offer that it just shames the other.

During the day, Macon seems much more vibrant with more people in the city, compared to Columbus that is.

I dont think either is on a level with Augusta or Savannah, as I'm sure most would agree. I just find it funny when Columbus tries to act like its on the same level as those two.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:56 AM

913 posts, read 2,984,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
LOL....I dont care what ANYBODY says, I've recently lived in BOTH Macon and Columbus.
Late Night, I see Macon and Columbus equally as dead, but for my taste Macon has more places to get into. I guess that can go either way depending on what type of late night hang out spot you want to go to, but I seriously doubt either one of the cities have SO much more to offer that it just shames the other.

During the day, Macon seems much more vibrant with more people in the city, compared to Columbus that is.

I dont think either is on a level with Augusta or Savannah, as I'm sure most would agree. I just find it funny when Columbus tries to act like its on the same level as those two.
Columbus is equally important if not more. Ever heard of Fort Benning, AFLAC, Synovus, TSYS, Carmike Cinemas, Char-Broil, etc. I rest my case.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
You can't take cdw1084 serious for many reasons. The main reason is that this person said Columbus seems "bigger" than Savannah. Another reason would be that they compare "unincorporated" areas that got slapped on the label of being a "city" to Macon.

First of all, who are you? Secondly, the topic was Savannah or Columbus?....I didn't put Macon in it, I just told what I noticed....Sorry

Old 01-03-2009, 10:28 AM

726 posts, read 2,817,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
LOL....I visited both and Columbus does has more growth than Macon. In case you didn't know, Columbus is adding 30,000 residents and the area is growing everywhere especially in Midland and North Columbus. Macon isn't growing, things are moving from the Mall and that area to the northern part of town. Also, I have common sense and enough to realize that Macon is a joke and it needs to become a surburb of Atlanta.
No you are a joke if you say that Macon is not growing and Columbus is..Columbus seem more like a suburb than a 2nd tier city, dull, un progressive and behind in aspect. That s just fact.....Its clear, that you oblivious don't have a clue to what your are talking about and still stuck on Stupid....

Old 01-03-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
No you are a joke if you say that Macon is not growing and Columbus is..Columbus seem more like a suburb than a 2nd tier city, dull, un progressive and behind in aspect. That s just fact.....Its clear, that you oblivious don't have a clue to what your are talking about and still stuck on Stupid....
LOL....you're stupid and you're in denial. Macon sucks dude get over it, I can't help that its corrupt and also i'm not siding with Columbus, but it is larger than Macon and seemed to me as if the government was doing better with their city....Anyway isn't the title of this thread Savannah or Columbus?....Macon wan't even an option because that person was just as smart as ATLCOL1 and I
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia