U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2009, 03:16 PM

22 posts, read 94,582 times

Advertisements

So, i have finally decided to move to GA from MN. I will love to be in the lawrenceville,norcross,duluth area.
There are so many apts in these areas and so many diff price ranges, i'm soooo confuse.

First of all, is there a way(perhaps website) to select a school and then see what apts are in the area, instead of selecting apts then schools. I already visited greatschools.net-very helpful and the GA board of education. My kids are 13 and 10. Want to move end of Jan 2009-yes this month.

I'm moving w/o a job yet, but have enough money to live okay.(Necessities only)lol~~~I have relatives in the 30045 zip code-Peachtree HS and Hull MS, heard great things about those schools. Ga zip code is kind of crazy to me, b/c 3 blocks over another zip and totally diff school.Then i hear they will be changing or reassigning students..That just makes my planning even more confusing..

So any help will be very very greatful..Looking preferably for 3-4 BR apts..I'm in my early 30s, i don't mind diversity..

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 03:26 PM

9,124 posts, read 33,373,465 times
You might have a tough time getting an apartment to lease to you without a job lined up- something to look into.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:00 PM

Well, I've called some and they are okay with at least 4 months rent down. Also, family owns a business that i can use for work reference. Not totally the honest way to go, but tough times calls for tough measures. Also, i've never had no evictions, refusal to renew lease, or anything like that. My credit is fair due to me not using it.....Thanks anyway

Old 01-03-2009, 07:40 PM

11,319 posts, read 23,056,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbirchie View Post
I'm moving w/o a job yet, but have enough money to live okay.(Necessities only)lol
This may not be a good idea. The economy nation-wide is in a tank, as you are probably aware, but the unemployment rate in Georgia is considerably higher than the rate in MN.

Not only that, but the sheer number of new residents in the Atlanta metro each year means that the job market is very competitive even when the economy is doing better.

Unless you're willing to consider the possibility of a year or more w/o decent work, I'd strongly consider staying where you are.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:06 AM

My mind is made up. I'm coming to Ga. I might reconsider and stay with family instead living in an apt right away. I also have a friend who just move to GA in July. She found a job, doesn't pay like MN but it's just until she find job as Dental Hygienist(she just graduated) as well as me(Dental Asst).In MN we prob would have started with $30(RDH) and $18(RDA) w/o exp. So if anyone knows a Dental clinic looking to hire, WE ARE Here..But we are tired, very tired of the cold. It's -1 right now. Just can't take it anymore. We have not started work in our field, b/c dental field is just slow right now along with the economy, so we are willing to do other jobs. We have done almost anything in the customer service field. I've work in the hospital, transcription anything clerical, can do..

But my main thing is school for my kids. My girlfriend live in Buford. I don't want to go that far, i can go as far as Suwanee, but i prefer to be in Norcross, Duluth.
I've read Norcross High is very good.
Can anybody tell me anything about Berkmar HS and MS? They did not meet scores (AYP) rating. Also middle schools in Norcross were dominated by hispanics(60+)%. I have nothing against anyone, i would just prefer to have a school kind of equal across the board..
Anyone have dealth with Charter SChools?

Thanks again..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or