Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 05:55 PM

45 posts, read 120,831 times

Advertisements

lol everyone flipping out... all I say is good riddens no need for people that dont obey the laws... Sure they may be a few that do but the magority don't. But there will always be the bleeding hearts that cry for them..

Old 01-25-2009, 06:04 PM

good video More Americans Killed By Illegal Aliens Than In Iraq Video

Old 01-26-2009, 10:00 AM

970 posts, read 2,951,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatbarbie View Post
lol everyone flipping out... all I say is good riddens no need for people that dont obey the laws... Sure they may be a few that do but the magority don't. But there will always be the bleeding hearts that cry for them..

^5

Old 01-26-2009, 12:29 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
I was referring to when they dedicated that plaque... 1886. There very well may have been guidelines... but I bet you cannot find the term 'illegal alien' until much much later than that.
I think you may have missed my point. We traveled from "We the People" to "Give us your tired, your poor" to 'not so fast, we are gettin' full over here.
Of course, the above is actually part of the truth. The United States is not an unlimited country with a steadily growing frontier anymore. We can't just toss newcomers into the wild west and hope they tame it for us.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:13 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,038,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Of course, the above is actually part of the truth. The United States is not an unlimited country with a steadily growing frontier anymore. We can't just toss newcomers into the wild west and hope they tame it for us.
OK, I can agree with most of that... however, if we were still manufacturers as appose to consumers my guess is that we would be saying "Give us your tired, your poor, your eager Mexicans...".

Old 01-27-2009, 12:57 PM

1,303 posts, read 3,857,194 times
There are plenty of US citizens willing to do these jobs.. but not for the third world wages the illegals will do them for... I guess you can live on peanuts when you are living 10 to a 2 bedroom apartment.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:32 PM

74 posts, read 173,668 times
Default Illegals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamucil View Post
I call B.S.

Milwaukee Officer Found To Be Illegal Immigrant - washingtonpost.com

here's a stroy of an illegal who stole his cousins ID and became a city of Milwaukee (Wisconsin) Police Officer.

these sort of stories happen more than we know, the media needs to report more of it.

This doesn't suprise me at all. It has long been a standard for illegals to use someone else's identity. Whether it is the SS# for one of their kids or a dead person's SS#ID, that was exepted until recently.
I know of a construction company who hired illegals and knew of this type of thing happening. They just looked the other way and didn't ask questions. Same thing for roofing companies, landscaping companies, etc. It was common practice and had been for decades.
As long as the economy was going strong and everyone had jobs, other than the Medicare bs at the hospital and clinics which we pay for, along with the food stamps, no one seemed to care. Up until 9/11 no one gripped much about it. That's when it became an issue and yet the government is still doing not a whole lot about it.
I see a lot of people grumping about it here in this blog, that is really a real estate relocation blog post that seems to have gotten off track a bit.
If you want to change it e-mail, call or write your representatives in government. Tell them your concerns. Here your just blowing off steam in a place that doesn't affect the outcome. That's what is BS.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:17 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,681,860 times
This wouldn't even be an issue if we bordered India and China. The f-n wall would have been built with artillery guns set up on top.

It's okay as long as it's 10 million, right? Try 100 million, and that's exactly what would happen if we bordered China or India.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:31 AM

38 posts, read 118,796 times
What's with all this lumping people together and generalizing, some of you need to realize people are individiuals first. Grouping all hispanics as mexicans, and all mexicans as illegal/non law-abiding is pretty out of hand.

If 70% of the people around you were negative, but you were one of the 30% that were positive, I dont think you would want to be generalized as being the same as that 70% majority would you? Nope.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:55 PM

thats life... and the truth of that matter is most of them are mexican and arnt here legally. Not doing someting because it hurts the small number of people that are here legally, is just making it easy for the huge number of people here that shouldnt be. Im tall and blond and I get grouped in with the stupid people all the time... People need to stop crying for people that are breaking the law... Yes they are people too but they can go be people in the country where they belong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia