Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 08:39 AM

16 posts, read 63,279 times

Advertisements

Silverspank, don't take it personally. Its just an internet forum. People can pretend to be anything here & know everything.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:37 AM

30 posts, read 90,671 times
Well, I don't take it personally. But I can see the effect it has our communities and economy. Some people choose to live with a bag over their head and be oblivious to what is happening here until it happens to them. Just for the record Cityrover, I don't hire illegals or even Hispanic decants, not because I am racist, but because the chances of hiring someone of Hispanic decent have much greater chance of being here illegal. I don't support illegals in any way or fashion. I take serious offense to hanging an American flag upside down in public schools as they do in California schools. I take serious offense that illegals come to this country and expect Americans to cater to them. And yes, it does tick me off that American contractors and agriculture businessmen/women hire them. I'm cool with a guest worker programs. I think that would solve allot of the problems that we have, but I don't think it would ever work. We have so many illegals here now with expired Visas. In Texas alone, there where over 1000 illegals crossing the border every day. Do the math. That's TX alone!

Last edited by Silverspank; 02-16-2009 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 02-16-2009, 02:53 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverspank View Post
How would you feel if one day you went to make a major purchase and come to find out you where denied because your credit was bad due to no fought of your own. Guess what, your identity was stolen by someone in this country illegal.
Silverspank -- just because I can sometimes empathize with their situation (and am very curious about the root causes) does not mean I believe that they should be allowed to be here unchallenged.

I think I've made that very clear in other posts I've made here at C-D. I think that those who are in this country illegally should be tossed back where they came from at the source country's expense, although I can think of reasons why other considerations may need to be brought into play.

The situation you describe above is criminal in nature REGARDLESS of the immigration status of the individual. Such people should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. It doesn't matter where they're from, IMO.

Quote:
How would you feel if your child was not getting the education that he/she deserves because all the non-English speaking students are taking 99% of the teachers attention. Your tax payers dollars at work.
I believe that students in US public schools should be taught in English unless another language is explicitly considered to be part of the course in question (various immersion courses would qualify).

Those who can't keep up should be put in a remedial class. All students are not created equal, and those at the top or middle should not be slowed down by those who are unable to keep up.

If you live where there is a large population of children who have immigrated here legitimately but who have a need to learn English while also learning other subjects, perhaps teaching in another language could be provided, but that question gets very complicated very quickly, and I'm hardly qualified to address something like that w/o knowing a lot more about the specifics of the situation.

Quote:
How would you feel if you couldn't take your family to the hospital that used to be right down the road because they had to close. Why, too many illegal getting free healthcare and drained their finances. Your tax dollars at work.
Who on earth gets free healthcare? I sure don't.

Quote:
How would you feel if you took your family to the state park and your 15 year old daughter gets cat calls on multiple occasions from Mexicans. (We stopped going to the state parks because of the harassment). Your tax dollars at work.
That's a function of many things. Maybe you need to grow a thicker skin?

Quote:
As you said, to find a better life! At whose expense? Yes, they obviously come here for a reason, for our jobs and the money.
If they have the training and experience to do my job, they're welcome to it, but they'd have to compete with me for it. Good luck with that.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:58 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverspank View Post
Well, I don't take it personally. But I can see the effect it has our communities and economy. Some people choose to live with a bag over their head and be oblivious to what is happening here until it happens to them.
The important question to ask, IMO, is this:

Why doesn't the US enforce its own immigration laws?

Old 02-16-2009, 09:35 PM

I think it all boils down to politics.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:15 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
If you are not entitled legally to be in this country - whatever your nationality- then you should not be here. End of discussion. Would be the same in any/every other country.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:45 PM

Wikpedia: In 2003, then-President of Mexico, Vicente Fox stated that remittances "are our biggest source of foreign income, bigger than oil, tourism or foreign investment" and that "the money transfers grew after Mexican consulates started giving identity cards to their citizens in the United States." He stated that money sent from Mexican workers in the United States to their families back home reached a record $12 billion.[36]. Two years later, in 2005, the World Bank stated that Mexico was receiving $18.1 billion in remittances and that it ranked third (behind only India and China) among the countries receiving the greatest amount of remittances. The drop to $25 billion from $26 billion in 2007
To add: http://www.fairus.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=17199&security=1601&news _iv_ctrl=1901 (broken link)
http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServe...h_researchf6ad
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29229462/
California will be the first to file bankruptcy, not soley due to illegal immigration, but it sure isn't helping.

Last edited by Silverspank; 02-17-2009 at 09:25 PM..

Old 02-18-2009, 02:51 PM

2 posts, read 13,622 times
Exclamation Mexicans Leaving

I moved out here from California, and believe me THAT state is on the verge of bankruptcy due to Mexican illegal aliens who demand their so-called rights when they have no rights. The influx of illegals brought with it drugs, gang warfare, i.d. thefts, outbreaks of salmonella and other diseases, because they don't wash their hands as has been reported many times in the newspapers. Schools are inundated with the thousands of children of illegals who can't speak or understand English, and taxpayers have had to foot the bill on special education books written in Spanish, etc.. English speaking teachers have been replaced by Spanish speaking teachers in the public schools. The crime rate alone has increased in the last 15 years, and neighborhoods throughout California are totally unsafe for citizens and their children.
The worst insult is seeing the Mexican flags being flown, even over the top of the U.S. flag on a flag-pole, or displayed on automobiles in the streets, and in front of Mexican operated businesses. When I witnessed many of these people getting paid under the table, for 'JOBS NO AMERICAN WANTS TO DO", and then receive welfare, food stamps, free housing and healthcare, while I busted my a$$ taking whatever salary and benefits I could, to earn a living to support my own family, I decided I "don't want to comprendre" the failed State government system anymore.
The final straw was when I got laid off at my job only a few years before my early retirement, and went job hunting. One led to a promising job that I was told after 2 interviews I would be starting the following Monday, however, the English speaking interviewer said I must be interviewed once more by one of his employees who worked in an entirely different dept, but that he would ask that she first approve of my hire.
He called me later to scheduled an appointment with Maria Rodriquez who interviewed me, and said she liked me and could I wait to start later the following week. I said "yes", and waited for confirmation to start. She called the next day and said however, "I so sari, but I canno en gur cosciense appru u hier, becus my helpur's who wurk for me, doh no how to speke inglish, theyfo, u wod no be able to comprihan thiem o undustan thiem".
So anybody who has lived and worked and payed into nothing but taxes upon taxes for these illegals to come in and get what they can, including those who receive Social Security benefits today WITHOUT EARNING IT, have a right to say, California, kiss my a$$!!!!!
Be glad they are leaving Georgia, because you have no clue as to what harm they will do should they decide to stay here, make their home here, and GROW your taxes out of your pockets control!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern no more View Post
I have been hearing that the Mexicans are leaving Gainesville in large numbers due to the economy and tougher laws on illegals. I wonder how this will effect Gainesville. It seems Gainesville has catered to them for so long and based a lot of their economy on them that it could do a lot of damage. Any other opinions or insite on this?

Old 02-18-2009, 07:15 PM

19 posts, read 59,025 times
Im really glad they are leaving GEORGIA!!!

Old 02-18-2009, 09:11 PM

10 posts, read 31,011 times
I am also glad the Illegal Aliens are being forced out of GA.They are deporting themselves in many cases before they get caught breaking our laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia