Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 04:57 PM

726 posts, read 2,818,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLCOL1 View Post
Man, I have no clue what language that is. If I have interpreted you correctly, I think you said that you are not going to argue with me. If that's the case, thank you!
your welcome

Like I said When Columbus have DT High rise Marriott Hotel, 5 residential development DT, A new $75 million dollar judicial center, 5 Lifestyle centers,a new mall and mix-used developments completed or under construction and a least 7-8 companies planned and being build in less than 2 years.....A $300 millions Interstates reconstruction DT and 2 interstates interchanges under construction in another part of the city then i will argue with you......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 05:43 PM

913 posts, read 2,985,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
your welcome

Like I said When Columbus have DT High rise Marriott Hotel, 5 residential development DT, A new $75 million dollar judicial center, 5 Lifestyle centers,a new mall and mix-used developments completed or under construction and a least 7-8 companies planned and being build in less than 2 years.....A $300 millions Interstates reconstruction DT and 2 interstates interchanges under construction in another part of the city then i will argue with you......
Columbus already has a Marriott Hotel downtown. Think it is 8 stories. As for the retail, I predict 50% of it will never happen or will fail this year. Not a good time to be developing right now. Why do I say that, because I was in development. Good luck Macon rofl!

Old 02-02-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLCOL1 View Post
Columbus already has a Marriott Hotel downtown. Think it is 8 stories. As for the retail, I predict 50% of it will never happen or will fail this year. Not a good time to be developing right now. Why do I say that, because I was in development. Good luck Macon rofl!
Great Columbus already has one; Now Macon will a 9 story Marriott Hotel as well as a 16 story existing Ramada Plaza which has been bought by double tree and will take on that name soon... Macon has another Hotel being developed DT the which has not released it's name yet, including a 6 story Drury hotel in North Macon.....the mayor said that another developer is looking a the property across the street from new Marriott hotel under construction, who wants to build another even larger hotel with a least 500 more rooms to meet the demand for future large conventions that will be held in Macon. No all of the new Development will do Great because most of them are so large they want to be completed until late 2010, don't try and put bad luck on Macon. It seem like Augusta us seeing the same types development boom,even though it a troubled economy what's up with Columbus.......... Also another Developer has proposed to develop 70 acres into 350 apartment units, 63 town homes, single-family homes and an assisted-living facility in north Macon.

A new Office Park in North Macon under construction
Southern Pine Plantations
http://207.45.187.130/~sppcom/attach...ite%20plan.pdf

Hartley station-A lifestyle center under construction in South Macon/bibb county
http://www.sofrangroup.com/pdf/Macon...%20Station.pdf

Old 02-04-2009, 03:18 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,619,925 times
Quote:
Great Columbus already has one; Now Macon will a 9 story Marriott Hotel as well as a 16 story existing Ramada Plaza which has been bought by double tree and will take on that name soon... Macon has another Hotel being developed DT the which has not released it's name yet, including a 6 story Drury hotel in North Macon.....the mayor said that another developer is looking a the property across the street from new Marriott hotel under construction, who wants to build another even larger hotel with a least 500 more rooms to meet the demand for future large conventions that will be held in Macon. No all of the new Development will do Great because most of them are so large they want to be completed until late 2010, don't try and put bad luck on Macon. It seem like Augusta us seeing the same types development boom,even though it a troubled economy what's up with Columbus.......... Also another Developer has proposed to develop 70 acres into 350 apartment units, 63 town homes, single-family homes and an assisted-living facility in north Macon.

A new Office Park in North Macon under construction
Southern Pine Plantations
http://207.45.187.130/~sppcom/attach...ite%20plan.pdf

Hartley station-A lifestyle center under construction in South Macon/bibb county
http://www.sofrangroup.com/pdf/Macon...%20Station.pdf

I love it here in Columbus, we got some friends in South Bibb that wants to move this way too...

Old 02-04-2009, 04:24 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,619,925 times
Quote:
Now thats funny..................... you still have fail to explain how? When Columbus stands up and represent itself as a city with almost 180-200k pop and appear that way, having those qualities and amenities.....then you can talk to me ....Macon Feels more like a city 180-200k than Columbus....

For an Example Jacksonville Florida is Way larger than Atlanta in size and pop....But because of Atlanta's huge skylines, growth, opportunities and being a southeast hot spot.... it appears larger.......

Jacksonville,FL pop: 794,555
Area: 885 sq mi (2,264.5 km2) Keep in mind the city of Jacksonville is consolidated with Duval county just like Columbus/Muscogee; which helps the city appear on paper to be much larger than Atlanta....Until you actually visit the city.

Atlanta,Ga pop:519,145
Area:132.4 sq mi (343.0 km2)

NOW

Columbus entire city-county population was 186,291
Total area of 220.8 sq mi (572 km2)

Macon had a population of 97,606;as of 2007
Total area of 56.3 sq mi (145.7 km2)

a big different just like above Atlanta and Jacksonville... But When Macon/Bibb county Consolidates Macon Land area would increase to 255 sq mi (661 km²) making it Larger than Columbus in size and increase it's population to a 154,709 which Macon will actually feel like you in a city with over a 150,000 people..... Because of its infrastructure(skyline, Malls/shopping centers, Commercial Businesses, interstates and etc).

This is what draws in Companies to an area infrastructure, Size of the City and appearance and assets( rail, Interstate access and etc.) So Macon will actually feel and appear to be a city of 154,000 people......Not only that,it's close to Atlanta.........

Just a little information to broaden you knowledge........

Comparing Macon and Columbus is not like comparing Jacksonville and Atlanta. Atlanta has 5.6 million people in its area and Jacksonville only has 1.3 million. City vs. City. Jacksonville is bigger and it has more people, if Macon consolidated it will have 155,000 people and it would be the 4th largest city in the State. Columbus has nearly 190,000 people and Muscogee county is much smaller than Bibb.

Also, based on city sizes right now, Augusta would be the largest, followed by Columbus, Atlanta, Athens, and Savannah. But when you add in the metro areas population,it would be Atlanta, Augusta, Savannah, Columbus, and then Macon.

What's going on with the Columbus vs. Macon post, this was suppose to be a thread about someone enjoying their time in Columbus, instead it turned into city bashing.

Some people need to grow up!!!

Old 02-04-2009, 07:39 AM

21 posts, read 61,713 times
Glad you like it here.
We live in Fortson.

Col. is a grea city.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:40 AM

38 posts, read 118,796 times
Columbus is already a town that is not so lively or thriving as it is right now, now imagine how much MORE sleepy of a town it would be WITHOUT fort benning. Columbus still is a town that would pretty much be nothing without its base, it's like an extended version of towns like Hinesville or Warner Robins. Not that special of a place.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
Comparing Macon and Columbus is not like comparing Jacksonville and Atlanta. Atlanta has 5.6 million people in its area and Jacksonville only has 1.3 million. City vs. City. Jacksonville is bigger and it has more people, if Macon consolidated it will have 155,000 people and it would be the 4th largest city in the State. Columbus has nearly 190,000 people and Muscogee county is much smaller than Bibb.

Also, based on city sizes right now, Augusta would be the largest, followed by Columbus, Atlanta, Athens, and Savannah. But when you add in the metro areas population,it would be Atlanta, Augusta, Savannah, Columbus, and then Macon.

What's going on with the Columbus vs. Macon post, this was suppose to be a thread about someone enjoying their time in Columbus, instead it turned into city bashing.

Some people need to grow up!!!
First of all, I think that we are all adults here, and the title for this thread is "my thoughts of Columbus and Macon"...Which I feel that Columbus compared to any of the the other 2nd tier Cities seems to be lagging behind. I did not say that to be bashful or rude just my THOUGHTS. I did not say that Macon and Columbus was being compared to Jacksonville or Atlanta, I was just using them as an example to make a point about pop being a factor in how large a city feels or actually is..... According to the US census Columbus/Musg co. has 185,781 pop not 199K and Macon/Bibb is at 157,000 which is projected to be at 160K by the next Census Count. putting Macon at number 4 in Pop and #3 in size after Augusta. if Consolidation Passes

Old 02-04-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ0909 View Post
Columbus is already a town that is not so lively or thriving as it is right now, now imagine how much MORE sleepy of a town it would be WITHOUT fort benning. Columbus still is a town that would pretty much be nothing without its base, it's like an extended version of towns like Hinesville or Warner Robins. Not that special of a place.
I agree

Old 02-04-2009, 08:36 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,653,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by champ0909 View Post
I disagree with you. Columbus is a corporate city just as much as it is a military city. You must not know too much about the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia