U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 07:40 PM

101 posts, read 283,034 times

Advertisements

Also if you need any extra info form me to help me out don't be afraid to ask and i'll tell you what you need to know in order to give me some good recommendations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 08:09 PM

8,862 posts, read 15,242,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne00 View Post
Also to TakeAhike, the links you gave me gave me this error when I clicked on them Sorry - no matches or filtered words used in the search query. Please try some different terms. But I will try to type in the search to see if they just come up that way. If you all have any rec. for apts. in those areas let me know> Like I said we just want safety and I know the traffic is kinda hard to dodge so we can kinda deal with that.

LOL--we are chasing our tails.

The Last Link should work--I think I C&P'd incorrectly yesterday. If you want to proceed own your on follow the steps for 'Advanced Search'.
Personally I'd just read what's in the last link and wait for additional responses.

If there is any possible way--get in the car and drive on Peachtree Industrial--sometime between 10 and 3---terrible traffic at times.

LOL--I went to Suwanee today--if I could that's exactly where I would go. Lake Lanier/Suwanee is ranked nationally on top 10 lists.

Suwanee>>>
http://www.suwanee.com/

//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=10590305

good luck/be persistent and all that

Old 02-01-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
LOL--we are chasing our tails.

The Last Link should work--I think I C&P'd incorrectly yesterday. If you want to proceed own your on follow the steps for 'Advanced Search'.
Personally I'd just read what's in the last link and wait for additional responses.

If there is any possible way--get in the car and drive on Peachtree Industrial--sometime between 10 and 3---terrible traffic at times.

LOL--I went to Suwanee today--if I could that's exactly where I would go. Lake Lanier/Suwanee is ranked nationally on top 10 lists.

Suwanee>>>
Welcome to Suwanee, Georgia

//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=10590305

good luck/be persistent and all that
LOL we are chasing our tails. But yeah I heard about Suwanee. Is it far to drive to Decatur? Also when we come back out there we're gonna visit these places. Im going to read up on Peachtree Industrial too. I think you said it was a pretty nice area. Thanks for the help too.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:58 PM

Also I will be working like from 1130 am until maybe 8 and somedays i'll go in at 1230 so does the time of day you go to work matter with traffic and will it matter even in Suwanee?

Old 02-01-2009, 09:16 PM

8,862 posts, read 15,242,075 times
Quote:
Also I will be working like from 1130 am until maybe 8 and somedays i'll go in at 1230 so does the time of day you go to work matter with traffic and will it matter even in Suwanee?
The peak rush hour from the north/Suwanee, Cumming area begins as early as ??5:30--6 AM and it is intense until around ??10AM--in the afternoon rush hour begins about 3-4PM and if there is an accident on I85 you may have a 2 hr commute. That is 'The Worst'.

It sounds like you have a good schedule for avoiding most of this so you have a number of options.

For instance, today, with no traffic I traveled from Clairmont/N Druid Hills--5 miles from downtown Atlanta to Suwanee in about 20 minutes on Peachtree Industrial. John's Creek is about 10 miles S of Suwanee on Peachtree Industrial, FWIW.

The schools in this area are good/excellent in some cases and that means a lot if home ownership is in your future. Young couples, families really enjoy living there. Lake Lanier/Buford Dam--lots of parks--recreation and plenty of shopping and easy access to the mountains of North GA. I'd move there in a heartbeat. I saw a little restaurant 'The Lighthouse'--near Buford Dam --nice place to grab a sandwich if you are in the area.

Slopes BBQ is on the Cumming Hwy ?? and also a good place to eat.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:34 AM

2 posts, read 3,873 times
I am moving to the area from Florida near the end of June do to my Husband job. We will be renting and need a area that will be safe (as we have a child ) also that would be close to High School, shopping, jobs ect. We are not sure where we are relocting to at this time. either Duluth,Tucker. can any one help with 411

Old 04-24-2009, 05:00 PM

2 posts, read 3,873 times
Quote:
I am in the process of moving to Ga. and I have been to Duluth quite a few times and I like it. It seems like a nice place to live but I want to know from anyone who lives out that way if Duluth is a nice place to live. I want to know the 411 on it. I want to know how safe it is and what to avoid and what may be problems, the housing costs, jobs and ect.
I will be moving to the Duluth area myself from Florida and I am wondering about the same questions you have asked. Any luck?

Old 10-21-2009, 05:23 PM

2 posts, read 2,356 times
My family and I currently live in the Duluth/Lawrenceville area near Discover Mills Mall and Sugarloaf. We absolutely love it, and we are near everything you could possibly need or expect from a suburb. We are in the Peachtree Ridge cluster, and have kids in both this school, and Hull. We live in a 2800 SQ FT home that we purchased for 250,000 and we don't plan to move anytime soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia