U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2009, 03:18 AM

101 posts, read 283,050 times

Advertisements

I am in the process of moving to Ga. and I have been to Duluth quite a few times and I like it. It seems like a nice place to live but I want to know from anyone who lives out that way if Duluth is a nice place to live. I want to know the 411 on it. I want to know how safe it is and what to avoid and what may be problems, the housing costs, jobs and ect.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 07:57 AM

8,862 posts, read 15,242,994 times
Go Here for previous threads>>>

//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=10558122

The West side of Duluth--Peachtree Industrial Blvd/John's Creek is a good place to start looking. The I85 side/Pleasant Hill Rd is having some significant crime.

Scan the threads and if you have more specific questions don't hesitate to ask. More regular posters will be around in the early part of the week.

hth

Old 02-01-2009, 12:44 AM

Thanks. It seems like Duluth is a popular area. There are so many threads on it. Also I read that Sugarloaf is a nice area to stay. What are some other great parts of Duluth to live. Im looking for a good apartment complex. My main concern is safety. Its just me and my wife but if it was just me I wouldn't be as much cencered but we are looking for safety.Also I know you all might say this is too far but my job is going to be located in Decatur but I don't want to live there. Im considering other places too so what ever else you all recommened im open to it too. thanks

Old 02-01-2009, 06:38 AM

I wish had knew of a specific rec but I don't.

Spalding Drive in Peachtree Corners has been mentioned as a good area and there are numerous apartment complexes, condos etc around Holcomb Bridge Rd, Medlock Bridge.
Try looking throught these>>
//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=10576335

If you have the time to scan through the threads some of the better places have been identified. If you give your price range that will help.

Good Luck.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 02-01-2009 at 06:47 AM..

Old 02-01-2009, 08:55 AM

2,819 posts, read 9,534,275 times
Duluth 30097 review, Duluth 30096 check very closely. Either ok or not.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I wish had knew of a specific rec but I don't.

Spalding Drive in Peachtree Corners has been mentioned as a good area and there are numerous apartment complexes, condos etc around Holcomb Bridge Rd, Medlock Bridge.
Try looking throught these>>
//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=10576335

If you have the time to scan through the threads some of the better places have been identified. If you give your price range that will help.

Good Luck.
the link didn't work. But ok are there any good surrounding areas of duluth. Also what about dunwoody is it good or too close to the city saftey speaking wise?

Old 02-01-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne00 View Post
the link didn't work. But ok are there any good surrounding areas of duluth. Also what about dunwoody is it good or too close to the city saftey speaking wise?
Hmm --wondering why the link didn't work.

At the top of the forum go to 'Search', click Advanced Search and put in Dunwoody Apartments or Norcross Apartments or Duluth Apartments or Norcross Apartments. I tried all of these yesterday and got the previous threads.

If you can't get them --go to the Administrator's Forum and let them know.
You can also DM 'atlantagreg'/Moderator of this forum or anyone who has Moderator beside the screen name.

Dunwoody is actually where I think you might want to look.

You said you would work in Decatur--wife would work?--but didn't want that area? Maybe that was someone else?

I'll see what I can do.

ETA--
I let the Admin staff know--something is wanky. Hang tight.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:32 PM

Try this one>>>
//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=10588334

If it still doesn't work --come back tomorrow. Somebody will probably have some ideas.

ETA--
Must have been me--working fine now.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:35 PM

2 posts, read 10,970 times
Dunwoody can be a good area and just became it's own city. I am hopeful that services in general will be more responsive. Myhusband and I have thought of moving there from Duluth, North Fulton County 30097. However, in recent weeks the crime wave in Atlanta has increased exponentially and I am giving it a second thought. There have been numerous car break-ins at Lenox Mall and my daughters who live in the area are thinking of coming back out to the suburbs of Johns Creek/Duluth. Gwinnett County Duluth is very diverse. Statistically, the best High Schools are North Gwinnett, Peachtree Ridge and maybe Duluth High. However, I have heard Duluth High is changing. The best schools are in North Fulton and those are Northview HS, Chattahoochee HS and Centennial(Roswell/Alpharetta) on the west side of 400 is Milton High. If you plan to have children, I would recommend these areas.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:39 PM

Is the Peachtree Industrial/John's Creek area good. Oh I remembered TakeAhike told me that these areas was nice. So I think we will try those areas and we will check out Dunwoody. The wife hasn't gotten a job yet so her job is gonna be based on where we live. Also to TakeAhike, the links you gave me gave me this error when I clicked on them Sorry - no matches or filtered words used in the search query. Please try some different terms. But I will try to type in the search to see if they just come up that way. If you all have any rec. for apts. in those areas let me know> Like I said we just want safety and I know the traffic is kinda hard to dodge so we can kinda deal with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia