U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 09:06 AM

23,120 posts, read 36,488,844 times

Advertisements

I'll add a couple of other towns to this list:
Warner Robins
Dublin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 03:07 PM

62 posts, read 191,455 times
Do you actually mean Southern Georgia or were you asking about all of Georgia?

With three children I suggest you concentrate on finding the better schools. With that a central focus your search will produce a few interesting areas.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:07 PM

1,940 posts, read 8,406,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
No trolling- I guess my definition of "good schools" just differs from what some folks on here consider to be "good schools"....
Because you didn't attend a south georgia school, you really cannot understand what goes on here.

the test scores are not a reflection of the level of education you can receive here. If you're willing to work hard, you can get separated from the degenerates and put into an environment that lets you work.

i'm telling you first hand, the 'students' are to blame; not the teachers.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:12 AM

21 posts, read 56,579 times
Harris Co.

We are a rural county.
There is Pine Mt.
Which has www.callawaygardens.com
Little White House nearby www.warmspringsga.com

We have a great school sytem.
I live in the Fortson area.Our son and family live in Hamilton.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:55 AM

102 posts, read 336,073 times
I'm going to throw in Willacoochee, GA. Very conservative, small town. Our population is around 1,500 and is in Atkinson County, South Georgia. We are 30 miles from Interstate 75 and around 80 miles from Interstate 95. We have the obvious small town feel; however we are less than an hour away from larger towns (Valdosta to the south, Tifton to the west, Waycross to the east, and Douglas to the north). For the most our school system is okay. Our (Willacoochee Elementary PreK-7th) school located in town is a really good school, kinda small so a good teacher to student ratio. After 7th grade students are bussed to the high school (13 miles or so). There is land available. One realator has land on the river or closer to town (not sure of the price). US Highway 82 is our main road. We have 2 gas stations, a Dollar General, a local grocery, 2 hometown restaurants, a bank.....

If you have any other specifics questions feel free to ask!!!!

Glad to help!

Old 02-04-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willacoochee View Post
. . . . We have 2 gas stations, a Dollar General, a local grocery, 2 hometown restaurants, a bank.....

If you have any other specifics questions feel free to ask!!!!

Glad to help!

amigo;

how could you dare not mention the famous no name bar??????

Old 02-04-2009, 11:47 AM

969 posts, read 2,656,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
Because you didn't attend a south georgia school, you really cannot understand what goes on here.

the test scores are not a reflection of the level of education you can receive here. If you're willing to work hard, you can get separated from the degenerates and put into an environment that lets you work.

i'm telling you first hand, the 'students' are to blame; not the teachers.
^5

Old 02-04-2009, 11:49 AM

969 posts, read 2,656,753 times
Countrified/suburban areas with good schools include Bryan County's Richmond Hill & Effingham County's Rincon, both bedroom communities of Savannah. Suburban conveinences, rural settings.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:36 PM

102 posts, read 336,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
amigo;

how could you dare not mention the famous no name bar??????
I thought about mentioning the No Name, but didn't know that was an interest. LOL! But yes we the Famous No Name is right off HWY 82 in Willacoochee!... lol..... A few weekend(s) ago Colt Ford was there. The new owners are bringing some good folks in (in some peoples opinion).

Old 02-04-2009, 10:01 PM

Colt Ford is going to be in valdosta this weekend at CR's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia