Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 08:11 PM

304 posts, read 856,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrynyc View Post
I am planning to buy a Mccar home in a new community: Springbrooke estates, the brookwood model...any advice and why? in Georgia

thanks
good point!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 08:18 PM

5 posts, read 17,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsolnmsol View Post
When your home is completed, should you have any problems you are not able to get resolved through McCar's warranty, contact Rob McCrae, VP of construction. He'll help to quickly resolve any problems you may have. Sometimes, going through the "proper channels" do not work and you have to go straight to the top. He's the man you'll need to get it done.
What if I'm not satisfied even before the close? Do you think he'll care?

Old 03-27-2007, 08:26 AM

93 posts, read 393,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhomebuyer View Post
What if I'm not satisfied even before the close? Do you think he'll care?
I know I've been on here a while now having not much to say positively about McCar homes, but, I honestly believe McCrae WILL care. Why? I don't know, really. An intuition, I guess, for how he handled my complaints in here. He responded IMMEDIATELY---literally---within 3 hours of my e-mail to him. And, in less than 12 hours (which was the very next morning) my phone was ringing off the hook with warranty and another McCar employee wanting to meet with me that very day. So, I believe that McCar is taking these situations seriously, although it will take time for everything to trickle downhill, and they're wanting happy homeowners. If you get to the point of having to contact McCrae, I believe he will do everything possible to have your "home buying experience second to none". McCar can't afford to have continued unhappy homeowners. They're trying to stop the damage done and turn things around. But, that's my opinion. If you need help, let me know. I have contact information.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:53 PM

5 posts, read 17,055 times
Quote:
I know I've been on here a while now having not much to say positively about McCar homes, but, I honestly believe McCrae WILL care. Why? I don't know, really. An intuition, I guess, for how he handled my complaints in here. He responded IMMEDIATELY---literally---within 3 hours of my e-mail to him. And, in less than 12 hours (which was the very next morning) my phone was ringing off the hook with warranty and another McCar employee wanting to meet with me that very day. So, I believe that McCar is taking these situations seriously, although it will take time for everything to trickle downhill, and they're wanting happy homeowners. If you get to the point of having to contact McCrae, I believe he will do everything possible to have your "home buying experience second to none". McCar can't afford to have continued unhappy homeowners. They're trying to stop the damage done and turn things around. But, that's my opinion. If you need help, let me know. I have contact information.
dsolnmsol, can you please forward me the contact? Greatly appreciated!
I looked at it again today. Still have a lot of problems. Looks to me that most of the stuff are not fixed yet: the ceiling is still uneven in one of the room, nails pop on the walls, there are couple of big spots in the backyard holding up water (last time it rained was more than 2 weeks), squeeky noise when you step on the hardwood floors, part of the hardwood floors even came up (uneven).....I'm going back again tomorrow. If I still have these same issueSSS, I would like to contact whoever CARES before the close. This is my first home and I never would have thought I'll have such PAINFUL first home buying experience, NEVER! I'm not excited at all and i do think I should be!

Old 03-28-2007, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhomebuyer View Post
dsolnmsol, can you please forward me the contact? Greatly appreciated!
I looked at it again today. Still have a lot of problems. Looks to me that most of the stuff are not fixed yet: the ceiling is still uneven in one of the room, nails pop on the walls, there are couple of big spots in the backyard holding up water (last time it rained was more than 2 weeks), squeeky noise when you step on the hardwood floors, part of the hardwood floors even came up (uneven).....I'm going back again tomorrow. If I still have these same issueSSS, I would like to contact whoever CARES before the close. This is my first home and I never would have thought I'll have such PAINFUL first home buying experience, NEVER! I'm not excited at all and i do think I should be!
You need to e-mail Rob McCrae immediately at: www.rmccrae@mccarhomes.com (broken link)

He is the VP of construction. Sadly, this was the same way for me. I had to fly out from AZ to do my walk-through and they "promised" me everything would be done immediately and before my closing date one week later. My punch list was untouched when I returned one week later, and I was again promised everything would be done by the time I returned from the attorney's and signing on the house. Wrong again. Then, the "survival list" was generated. Took 8 months to finally finish that survival list only to start a new list for my one year. So, contact McCrae immediately. Let him know you're considering walking away from this contract (if you are, of course) and tell him you are not "satisfied with your homebuying experience" and they need to take action immediately to get you to stay. If this doesn't work---but I think contacting him WILL work---e-mail me privately. I have the president's personal home address and #'s. I'm doubting it will come down to that, of course.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:14 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,831,215 times
Quote:
When your home is completed, should you have any problems you are not able to get resolved through McCar's warranty, contact Rob McCrae, VP of construction. He'll help to quickly resolve any problems you may have. Sometimes, going through the "proper channels" do not work and you have to go straight to the top. He's the man you'll need to get it done.
I contacted Rob McRae about my McCar home problems and never heard back from him.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaylahc View Post
I contacted Rob McRae about my McCar home problems and never heard back from him.
Really?!?! That seems surprising. I do recall someone reading me an e-mail he'd sent to them regarding a family illness and he'd been out. Perhaps that was during the same time you were trying to reach him?? Keep trying him. He has (thus far) a reputation for responding in a timely manner. I'm willing to bet he will. Persistence pays off. I do not have a phone # for him, but, he was very diligent in contacting me quickly. I know they monitor the threads here...so maybe now that you've posted his lack of response, you'll hear from him...???

Old 03-28-2007, 02:11 PM

1,025 posts, read 4,095,226 times
Quote:
I know they monitor the threads here...so maybe now that you've posted his lack of response, you'll hear from him...???
What a shame if public complaints here are what it takes to get a response from that builder.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,016 times
I wish I would have found this site earlier because I have a contract on a house in Greenville and already have issues with it and they just got to the paint stage. The low grade of wood results in bowed walls, wavy hardi board siding, and not a single door that will close properly. Large amounts of wood trim has dents, cracks, and splinters because quality control does not exist to enforce sanding if they insist on using cheap wood. The painting was the worst I have ever seen. Overspray is on everything (doors, wood trim, electrical panel, cabinets, windows, tub, ect) and the trim paint looks like it was done by a kid. Mccar has been quick to respond to my complaints, but you need to be there to babysit on a regular basis. They will try to tell you that everything will be cleaned after construction, but it is impossible to clean all of the mud, drywall debris, and overspray from the windows, tubs, cabinets, and other "new" parts without ruining the factory finish. The work quality is poor and I would really be happy if they would cancel the contract refund the money and sell the house to someone else.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:32 AM

86 posts, read 437,887 times
RBRUCH,

Just because you have a contract on that home doesn't mean you have to buy it now! All you have to do is tell them you have changed your mind and get the heck out of dodge. There should be no reason why you are tied to this home!!! And you should even be able to get your deposit back.

FYI for anyone that is thinking of building a home in this area, NEVER EVER sign an arbitration agreement!! EVER! That is about the worst mistake you will ever make if you do. If a builder or realtor says they require you to sign one when building, you get out of your seat and walk away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia