Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 11:48 PM

131 posts, read 743,916 times

Advertisements

I will be relocating to Cleveland at the end of March. Anything you can tell me about it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking for volunteer opportunities. My first choice would be working with people with disabilities, but I already know the closest Center for Independent Living is in Gainesville. I'm open to other possibilities and I would be willing to go to other towns in the county.

I have been to Cleveland and have a rough idea of the town, though I don't know many details. I do know that Ingles are a bunch of thieves. Is there a grocery store that is less expensive than Ingles but is also clean? The Piggly Wiggly there scares me.

Beyond that, anything you could tell me would be great. This Yankee is going down to Georgia and is looking for information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 07:43 AM

247 posts, read 1,288,162 times
Yes - Ingles is highway robbery! The prices always go up whenever there is influx of tourists. The tourists go there to buy there food for camping etc.. Try IGA instead, not fancy, limited selection but the prices are better. A Super Wal-mart is being built and should be open by the summer that will give Ingles competitition. I usually buy most of my groceries at Sams or BJs and then just pick up odd and ends at the IGA.
As far as volunteering opportunities, there are several within the county. Check out Stepping Stone Farm, Inc. this may be what you are looking for, or contact them and they may be able to put in touch with other folks that would welcome your assistance.
Not sure of the area that you are moving from, but if you have been to Cleveland, you know we are rural and may not have all the amenities that you are used to. But it is a beautiful place to live, as I am able to enjoy beautiful breathtaking mountain views everyday.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:03 PM

I live in a rural town of about 4000 people, but a metro area of around 100,000 is within easy reach. The impression I got is that the closest metro area is Gainesville. Then again, I grew up in a farming community of less than 400 people in the middle of nowhere. Rural doesn't bother me and I'm used to driving a ways to get to amenities.

Thank you for the link, I will definitely check that out!

Old 02-16-2009, 04:21 PM

Is there anyone else from Cleveland/White County that could help me out?

Old 07-30-2009, 05:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,113 times
we are thinking about moving to Cleveland and just wondering if it is a safe place to live. Have found some nice houses for sale there. we now live in S.C.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia