U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 06:36 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,750,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxSoxSox View Post
Rather just assume you know all of us transplants, you should give people a chance. Your previous statement about the wages my husband would make are laughable. To think that you have any right judging a family from MA is quite laughable. I would love to move down to be your neighbor, I'd park my CAH close to your YAHD and invite your OVAH for a BAHBEQUE!
I said I've met good ones, that was my opinion of the rest. I'm not judging anybody, I simply stated blue collar wages (even trade workers) are not all that great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 08:22 PM

7,862 posts, read 15,264,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxSoxSox View Post
Rather just assume you know all of us transplants, you should give people a chance. Your previous statement about the wages my husband would make are laughable. To think that you have any right judging a family from MA is quite laughable. I would love to move down to be your neighbor, I'd park my CAH close to your YAHD and invite your OVAH for a BAHBEQUE!
Don't worry Sox. Most people in GA are very welcoming, and at least in the Atlanta area they've quit fighting the civil war. There are many transplants and people from all over here and it's never been a problem for us. If you live further out you may encounter a bit more of the more hardcore southern types, but most people are very nice here.

As was mentioned, you can't come here and tell everyone how you would have done it where you came from, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be yourself.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:06 PM

2,708 posts, read 3,461,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Don't worry Sox. Most people in GA are very welcoming, and at least in the Atlanta area they've quit fighting the civil war. There are many transplants and people from all over here and it's never been a problem for us. If you live further out you may encounter a bit more of the more hardcore southern types, but most people are very nice here.

As was mentioned, you can't come here and tell everyone how you would have done it where you came from, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be yourself.
Thats the biggest thing. You are welcome if you can at least partially assimilate. I am one of those farther out, more hardcore southern types. I am just tired of hearing from northerners that they don't like it here once they move down. Find out a little about the history and culture of an area before you jump in feet first then, you know? I have no problem with people moving here. I think it's a great place, being fairly well traveled in North America for my age. But just don't start whinin' please!

Old 03-01-2009, 12:55 PM

12 posts, read 22,205 times
I do see alot of people on here complaining about the slower, conservative lifestyle they've moved in to. It makes me wonder why they ever moved to Georgia to start with. My goodness, that's why I am checking into the area. The slower more conservative lifestyle is what we are looking for. That's what's so great about the internet. Information, information, information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia