U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2009, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,987 times

Advertisements

Gorgia is a beautiful place with nice wheather, but is it a good place to live? I heard that the followings are happening in GA.

1. If you get a speeding ticket, you have to go take classes or go to some kind of counseling or something. What is this?

2. You can carry a rifle inside your vehicle.

3. KKK are active. They go out and threaten people from time to time.

4. Racism is still an issue. Though there are laws, churches are the foundations that keep racial discrimination going on.

Can someone clarify and put in some thoughts. Thanks.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:17 PM

11,319 posts, read 23,035,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donklings View Post
Gorgia is a beautiful place with nice wheather, but is it a good place to live? I heard that the followings are happening in GA.

1. If you get a speeding ticket, you have to go take classes or go to some kind of counseling or something. What is this?
I don't know if this is true, but it's easy to avoid by not speeding.

Besides, I would guess that a policy like this would vary from county to county.

Quote:
2. You can carry a rifle inside your vehicle.
I don't believe that is legal.

Quote:
3. KKK are active. They go out and threaten people from time to time.
Certainly not in the Atlanta metro, and I would strongly doubt that any overt KKK activity occurs within the state borders.

Quote:
4. Racism is still an issue. Though there are laws, churches are the foundations that keep racial discrimination going on.
Racism is certainly still an issue in places, though more so on these City-Data forums (in some ways) than in real life, at least in my short experience.

However, while I know that a lot of self-segregation is occurring when it comes to things like housing, there are also a number of mixed areas, and I'm not sure the churches are to blame for all of the self-segregation.

Still, it does seem like many churches are either all-white or all-black; whether that is a function of service style or some other factor I don't really know.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:59 AM

150 posts, read 424,955 times
Racism is everywhere..in the North and in the South.

Yes you can carry a rifle in your vehicle as long as its visible to the officer..

The Klan does exist but it exists everywhere even in small norther towns. Generally if you don't go looking for them they wont mess with you.

Plus lots of states require you to go to traffic school is if speeds are over the limit to a certain degree.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:23 PM

2,708 posts, read 3,447,670 times
The speeding ticket thing is false. Yes, you can carry a rifle in your car. I have never encountered anyone from the Klan. In fact, the races get along better here than they do in many northern cities I have been to. Racism is a problem everywhere, but the most racism I have seen has been in the Mid-western U.S. where there is little knowledge of other races. Churches do have a lot of political power in Georgia. Too much actually.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:36 PM

969 posts, read 2,656,302 times
Gorgia may have a high incidence of these issues...but not Georgia (US state, as well as European nation).

Old 03-12-2009, 02:50 PM

26 posts, read 65,308 times
The speeding ticket thing is true. My daughter had to go on her first ticket. But, I am not sure if that is every county and I am not sure if that has anything to do with your age at the time of your ticket. She was only around 16 or 17. I think it has some to do with the judge you get. As for the KKK they are around but you never hear anything about them anymore. As for guns or rifles, I thought you could carry a concealed weapon now but I don't carry a weapon, although, I probably should especially when traveling in Atlanta.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:06 PM

1,940 posts, read 8,405,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donklings View Post
Gorgia is a beautiful place. . . . .
You've all been had.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:59 PM

9,188 posts, read 30,792,437 times
Honestly, for a first post, I do think a song titled "trolling" is popping into my head. Call me silly, but I think that yes indeed, we've been "had".

Closing as I really think it's a leg puller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia