Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2015, 05:13 PM

5 posts, read 6,049 times

Advertisements

I just found this site and trying to find my way around. Forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place. I live in Grayson, Ga and will be putting my house on the market in a couple of months. My daughter lives in Toccoa Ga and granddaughters are in Covington Ga. I would like to move to a small town between the two areas. I would like to find a home with app 1800-2200 sq ft on 1-3 acres. Since I am a widow, I realize this is going to be difficult. Just don't know where to start. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Once my house is sold, I must know what areas to focus on. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 11:33 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,316,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OopSidoo View Post
I just found this site and trying to find my way around. Forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place. I live in Grayson, Ga and will be putting my house on the market in a couple of months. My daughter lives in Toccoa Ga and granddaughters are in Covington Ga. I would like to move to a small town between the two areas. I would like to find a home with app 1800-2200 sq ft on 1-3 acres. Since I am a widow, I realize this is going to be difficult. Just don't know where to start. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Once my house is sold, I must know what areas to focus on. Thanks
You are posting in the right place. Good luck to you! I wrote to you with some words of encouragement in the thread you started about finding your way around. You had posted in some of the Athens threads. Nice place, I used to live there. Definitely worth looking into, and I suppose reasonably close to Toccoa and Covington. Good luck.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:06 PM

5 posts, read 6,049 times
Default Thanks

Thank you so much. With Athens being a college town, which side of Athens is best and how are the taxes?

Old 01-30-2015, 05:57 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,933,278 times
For Athens, Oconee County is highly regard (instead of the consolidated Athens Clarke County). I don't know if schools are an issue but Oconee County schools are better. Watkinsville is the main city for the county. It's not large by any means but has shopping and a lot of the subdivisions.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:47 AM

23 posts, read 34,730 times
I would vote for Covington. You'd be close to the granddaughters and not far from the daughter in Toccoa. One BIG reason I'd suggest it for you is because of the fall line for ice and snow. The further north you are, the more likely you'll be hit with ice and/or snow. The recent snow fall warnings are an example. Covington is far less likely to be hit with snow/ice than Toccoa or even Athens. Someone I know who fell on black ice in Lawrenceville decided (while healing on the couch after the fractures) to move further south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia