Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city will lose all of their enclosed malls first?
Athens MSA 1 2.17%
Atlanta MSA 9 19.57%
Augusta MSA 2 4.35%
Brunswrick MSA 3 6.52%
Columbus MSA 9 19.57%
Macon MSA 16 34.78%
Rome MSA 3 6.52%
Savannah MSA 2 4.35%
Valdosta MSA 0 0%
Warner Robins MSA 1 2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 01:40 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times

Advertisements

Well, good for you! You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I also stand by mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 02:08 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,863,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyarmonG View Post
everyone has completly got off the subject of this forum and just started bashing each other again. Hmmm
Look at most any post about anything relating to Macon, Columbus or Augusta on the Georgia forum and these same few turn the thread, no matter what the OP, into a my-town-is-great-yours-is-the-pits "I know you are but what am I?" juvenile argument. It would be amusing if it weren't so predictable.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:00 PM

209 posts, read 654,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Look at most any post about anything relating to Macon, Columbus or Augusta on the Georgia forum and these same few turn the thread, no matter what the OP, into a my-town-is-great-yours-is-the-pits "I know you are but what am I?" juvenile argument. It would be amusing if it weren't so predictable.
I agree.
Especially those 2 or 3 from Columbus that keep coming up with those ridiculous SELIG reports and the infamous BRAC surge....lol

Old 03-29-2009, 03:15 PM

913 posts, read 2,986,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplay View Post
I agree.
Especially those 2 or 3 from Columbus that keep coming up with those ridiculous SELIG reports and the infamous BRAC surge....lol
Long time no see......

Old 03-31-2009, 05:16 PM

66 posts, read 208,890 times
I think brac shouldn't apply to a cities population it really falsefy what a city population is. I know bases have there own zip codes and most military member resides on bases mostly E5 and above normally live off base. Thats the only way i see it truly affecting the city pop. the population should be seperate.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:49 AM

209 posts, read 654,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyarmonG View Post
I think brac shouldn't apply to a cities population it really falsefy what a city population is. I know bases have there own zip codes and most military member resides on bases mostly E5 and above normally live off base. Thats the only way i see it truly affecting the city pop. the population should be seperate.
Especially these days when most bases have everything available with little need to go into adj town.
Everything at Ft Benning is nearly brand new and a lot cheaper!!

Old 04-26-2010, 11:50 AM

80 posts, read 266,860 times
this site seems to be nothing butt a big joke.

you want a market opinion, pay a professional.
otherwise , just another bunch of dumb questions like
what university has the best looking coeds?

Old 04-26-2010, 12:04 PM

80 posts, read 266,860 times
randy you ought to go back to skool and learn to spel and sentence. powerplay as for the selig and other studies, I will let you have a 8 oz of salt to take with the BRAC numbers, but not a whole lb. saintmarks you sound like an exception.
I would add that the intra state rivalry between cities is worse in South Carolina- the blue blood Charlestonians versus the mid state "educated" Columbians versus the "redneck" upstate Greenville. Too bad. SC has lots more and its a lot more fun. The Shag and Ocean Drive. Now Alabama, they're so busy arguing about bingo and gambling and crooked politicians from Jefferson County and Birmingham they dont have time to compare Huntsville, Bhm, Montgomery or Mobile. Orange Beach and the Flora-Bama. Florida has the redneck riviera. the emerald coast. Get over it yall. Lets go party!

Last edited by westga; 04-26-2010 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: left off t hought

Old 12-20-2010, 12:37 AM

197 posts, read 611,512 times
The Macon Mall is on the brink of death.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:17 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,102,358 times
The new owners of the Macon Mall are planning to demolish a wing. Even though the Macon Mall is in hard times, it still doesnt offer any less than say Peachtree in Columbus or The Galleria in Warner Robins.

The Macon Mall is just overbuilt....it has an extra wing and it's 2 floor unlike the 2 malls I just mentioned.
Once they tear down that wing, it'll be fine.

The wing From J.C. Penneys on down to SEARS is OK, It's just the newest built wing from the other end of J.C. Penneys down to where Dillards and Parisian used to be that is abysmal.

Without that wing, the Macon Mall is still better and bigger than most others outside of ATL and AUG.

...and why does Warner Robins have a vote? The Galleria seems to be doing fine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia