Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2006, 08:50 AM

38 posts, read 149,326 times

Advertisements

I am wondering about what towns in Paulding County are growing.I have read the the whole county is on the rise but I am looking for a town that have good schools,baseball & basketball programs and activities for my kids.I also am looking to open up a pizzeria, so a town that can use another one.I do not want to move to a town and struggle by too much competition.Also a town were there are affordable housing.I am looking to spend about $250,000. for a home.Also if there are any malls or major shopping close by.Also any info on cumming georgia.Which town would be a better place for me.

Anyone here? Please Help with some info.

I guess nobody has any info on these 2 places. I don't know if that is good or bad.

Last edited by Marka; 07-03-2006 at 11:16 PM.. Reason: merged
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2006, 05:09 PM

722 posts, read 3,315,341 times
Paulding is nice and is close to Cobb, and Cumming is close to Alpharetta so it's more upscale. Both are exurban and are rapidly developing

Old 07-04-2006, 05:14 PM

66 posts, read 346,957 times
cumming i would say due to growth and cheaper taxes

Old 07-10-2006, 11:10 PM

4 posts, read 14,123 times
For $250,000 you can live like a God in Paulding . . .

Old 07-12-2006, 05:45 PM

56 posts, read 301,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sixpack
You can get a really nice house and land for 250K in Paulding county and yes we could use more pizza! LOL who couldn't? Probably closer to Dallas? I would go with Paulding (I'm from there) But I do know Cummings, It is more upscale there but also more expensive to live there. Paulding is where a lot of growth will be.
Also there is a major Mall in Douglasville about 20 min from Dallas, but shopping centers are nice in Georgia. Also I thought the schools were pretty good for my kids and nice activities, We are a "Scout" family too, good outdoor activities. There are 2 new great parks in Paulding.

Last edited by southernguyGA; 07-12-2006 at 05:47 PM..

Old 06-09-2009, 02:44 PM

2 posts, read 6,573 times
Have you ever been to paulding I mean come on we are we are home of a $100.000.00 electric bill for a jail that is no longer in use. This town though that is was normal to have a $13.00 electric bill for a big jail I mean come I live in Paulding in a 2 bedroom house ran by gas all but the lights my bill is $45.00 a month. But we could afford to buy a new jail may I add we dont use the new jail that the tax payers are paying for because the jail levy did not pass. Not to add to that they raised my water trash a sewer all most $60.00 to pay for a new water plant. And if you can find a job in Paulding where you make enough money to afford a $250.000.00 house let me know were it was. so if you want to move here maybe you could make a change in the little town some one needs to. I love Paulding dont get me wrong my whole fam. lives here. But this is a little much for me now having to work two jobs to pay my taxes and water bill. Its about killing me.Poor Mother of 2

Old 06-09-2009, 02:45 PM

2 posts, read 6,573 times
O and by the way if I was going to move to Paulding County Ohio I would move to Antwerp great school there.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:11 PM

247 posts, read 1,289,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommanz2 View Post
O and by the way if I was going to move to Paulding County Ohio I would move to Antwerp great school there.
???

Old 06-10-2009, 09:05 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sixpack View Post
Keeping in mind that "god standards" in some areas of Paulding still include spinner rims for a truck and being able to afford four-wheeler cycles with matching cammo riding outfits for the whole family.

Kidding (somewhat) aside to the original poster though, Paulding is still one of the few and last blue collar oriented areas closer to Atlanta that are left. So yes, there are plenty of decent suburban subdivisions there, but there's some pockets of holdout "yeehawness" left there, too. It's a strange mix where you can eat out and in the parking lot you'll see a Mercedes or Lexus parked next to a pickup truck with a gun rack and rebel flag bumper sticker on it. So it's not for everyone, but it's certainly not "bad" in many areas. It's noteworthy though to know that it's a car-dependent County and with the exception of one single "Xpress" bus route on the eastern edge of the County, there are no public transit or rail options there for commuting if you work in the city.

And yes, people eat Pizza there, and red meat. Lots of it. It's not Buckhead - you won't see nearly as many people jogging around and buying sized medium shirts in the stores, so pizza places do better than a vegetarian place by FAR. If you offer a good atmosphere, BEER, and make a good pizza, they will chat you up on the local board they have out there and every baby stroller momma and her kin will show up at the place from that point onward.

Schools? Well, I work on the boarder of West Cobb and Paulding and many of my coworkers live in Paulding. I can say that most of them complain about the school system quite frequently, but can't go into the tons of stories or details other than to say I've heard a few of them say they'd transfer their kids elsewhere if they could. The most complaints I've heard seem to be about Paulding High School, Hershell Jones Middle School, and South Paulding. North Paulding and East Paulding seem to have somewhat better opinions about them, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia