Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2006, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 3,106 times

Advertisements

We have recently started making preparations to move to GA from Texas. I have never moved over that many states before. We have a realtor/Broker that we are working with. March is our target month to visit GA and look at homes.
We have a home to sell in Texas. I am pretty nervous about the move, my 13 year old wants to stay because of his friends, but he can make new friends. My husband spent 25 years in NC, so this is basically going home for him. I am a Registered Nurse, I want to find the right place too work not just a job.
Does anyone have any suggestions on making this easier for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2006, 10:24 AM

1 posts, read 3,105 times
We are also relocating to the Georgia area from Massachusetts--I am a registered nurse--I am planning on going down as a travel nurse--that way I can obligate myself only to a 13 week assignment and if I like it then I will sign on--if I don't I can have them find me a different assignment just a suggestion--

Old 02-17-2006, 07:31 PM

10 posts, read 31,237 times
As a nurse, you will have no problems finding a job - they are much needed here in Georgia. I would recommend that you stay with the larger counties for job security and the best pay - maybe Gwinnett or Cobb.
I hope this helped!

Last edited by Marka; 02-18-2006 at 12:58 AM..

Old 02-23-2006, 03:39 PM

4 posts, read 15,463 times
take a look at Newton General hospital: http://www.ngh.org/ (broken link)

Old 02-23-2006, 09:02 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,376,939 times
Default RN in Georgia here

Hey yall. I am a misplaced Texan, living in Savannah area. I am an RN, and have been for 14 years. Have worked as an RN in Coastal Georgia for past 3 years. Email me with any questions. I can tell you ALL about EVERY hospital here!
P.S. Preface to say, I hate Georgia, miss Texas, and if you can avoid leaving Texas, DO IT! But i have had some great RN jobs here, including my most recent one. I can tell ya all about them.

Old 07-16-2006, 07:27 PM
hwd

19 posts, read 167,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas
Hey yall. I am a misplaced Texan, living in Savannah area. I am an RN, and have been for 14 years. Have worked as an RN in Coastal Georgia for past 3 years. Email me with any questions. I can tell you ALL about EVERY hospital here!
P.S. Preface to say, I hate Georgia, miss Texas, and if you can avoid leaving Texas, DO IT! But i have had some great RN jobs here, including my most recent one. I can tell ya all about them.

I dissagree, Georgia is one of the best states I have ever lived. It is one of the top 10 fasts growing states in the country and for good reason. You have everything in Georgia, Moutains, the Coast and beach, rivertowns, rural areas, farms, big cities, small towns, what if you like. Even have sky resorts in the North Georgia Mountains. You never have to leave the state. Multiple Them Parks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia