Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2009, 08:19 PM

462 posts, read 989,224 times

Advertisements

I received a letter from Rep Mike Coan late on the 15th, at that point the bill had not been signed, and he promised to let me know when the governor did sign it. No word from him as of yet. There is a place on the legislative site where you can check on bills signed by the governor, no mention of HB 581. There is also a bill tracking site called State Surge, it follows bills every step of the way. Again, that site only mentions that the bill was sent to the Governor on April 14. I hope that you are right, and Sonny did sign it.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:21 AM

41 posts, read 99,013 times
Everyone: Be careful of what anyone tells you from the Governor's office and the GADOL. Do the research yourself or look to see what everyone else post on this website. Also remember those that you have written: AJC, the news networks, etc about this problem because they need us more than we need them and I am disappointed in the news networks about this issue because for most Georgians and Americans it is the number 1 issue and it is not being reported as it should in GA. Im boycotting all of the news networks for 6 months! Ill watch CNN or the internet for news!

Old 04-20-2009, 06:32 AM

46 posts, read 120,333 times
It's turned into a waiting game. Who right and who's wrong? The GA. Dept /Labor really needs to post something, but I don't think they have a clue either! All I know is 25 May 09, and then how long before $ is in hand....another 2 or more weeks?

Old 04-20-2009, 06:44 AM

41 posts, read 99,013 times
The problem is they won't post anything until something is signed by the Governor. . .or it becomes law. When/If he sign it wait about 2 or 3 days then go to the website and it have something posted. (Same thing happened in November 2008, but they waited a week exactly)

Old 04-20-2009, 08:14 AM

62 posts, read 134,184 times
My benefits started on April 1 2008 and my tier 2 ended on March 14 2009. The letter is very short. It just says to come in and re-certify and that I might be eligible for emergency extended benefits.. I live very close to the main Atlanta office, where the letter was sent from, so I'm hoping that's why I got the letter b4 you guys. I got it on Saturday.

I will let you guys know how it goes tomorrow when I go into the office.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:57 AM

75 posts, read 209,908 times
I spoke to the Governors aide this morning, The Governor "HAS NOT SIGNED HB581". He has 40 calender days to do so, which will put us at the middle of May (suppose thats the may25 date we heard of ). All I could get the aide to tell me was that Perdue was in favor of the bill, but would not give me any indication as to weather he would sign it before the 40 days was up. What a bunch of CROCK! I can't beleive the way our State Government is handling this situation, but they're gonna pay durning next election. Called the GDOL and the rude woman that answered the phone had no idea that there was such a thing called HB581 being passed for EB benefits. Wonder what planet they found her on? This whole thing has pass being a serious matter and has become a desperate matter.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:59 AM

72 posts, read 178,558 times
Went into the department of labor today.. I said that I need to recertify and I waited and was called back into the main little cubicles..the lady pulled me up in the computer and said you got your last check of teir 2 last week and there is no more money available.. I talked with her about the EB PROGRAM she acted like a complete idot (what are you talking about) I am not aware of any money through an EB PROGRAM.. then the conversation ended...lets up date all your information and if anything comes up you will receive a notice.. WHATEVER...

Old 04-20-2009, 11:42 AM

462 posts, read 989,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefor View Post
Went into the department of labor today.. I said that I need to recertify and I waited and was called back into the main little cubicles..the lady pulled me up in the computer and said you got your last check of teir 2 last week and there is no more money available.. I talked with her about the EB PROGRAM she acted like a complete idot (what are you talking about) I am not aware of any money through an EB PROGRAM.. then the conversation ended...lets up date all your information and if anything comes up you will receive a notice.. WHATEVER...
Please send an email to Rep Coan. He is one of the sponsors of this bill, and so far the only one who has taken the time to respond to my emails. Tell him exactly what happened including that you got a letter from GDOL. Here is his email address.

repcoan@charter.net

Old 04-20-2009, 11:43 AM

OK, just as I thought, the governor is stalling, and hasn't even signed the danged bill. I guess he's assuming all those lazy slack asses will be forced to get off their butts and get out and get a job sweeping streets, washing dishes, or digging ditches or something. Well, the illegal Mexican's got that market all wrapped up! So Sonny get off your fat Republican ass and do the humanitarian thing.......sign the bill! I THINK THE MARCH ON THE CAPITOL IS BACK ON! In regards to the letter Linx got, it must be for continuation of Tier 2 benefits after her 1 yr. anniv., not EB, obviously.

Last edited by crunchbird56; 04-20-2009 at 12:04 PM..

Old 04-20-2009, 11:55 AM

Illinois Unemployment Extension Programs

State Extended Benefits (EB)

The State Extended Benefits program provides up to 13 additional weeks of benefits during times of high unemployment. EB is payable after the exhaustion of all entitlement to Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC 08).
How do I file for Extended Benefits? Upon exhaustion of your EUC benefits, your EB claim will be established automatically. You do not need to contact your local office.
For general information regarding EB, please call the Hotline at 1-866-243-0238

Need more information on EB? Here are Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

Note: Work search requirements for EB are more stringent than for regular and EUC08 benefits and must be documented on an EB Work Search Form. Failure to meet the work search requirements will result in an indefinite termination of benefits. Please link to the EB Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) above for more information regarding the work search requirements, the EB Work Search Form, and other information regarding State Extended Benefits program.
A new EB Work Search form will be mailed to you each time you certify for benefits under the EB program indicating the next two weekending dates you will be claiming. This form is not required for regular or EUC benefits.
If you lost your EB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia