Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 06:06 PM

462 posts, read 989,265 times

Advertisements

It certainly didn't take any time for the GADOL newsroom to post that Michael Thurmond is going to Washington to testify. But wait....it is about HIM, not us. I pray that I can stay calm tomorrow at the unemployment office.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:45 PM

46 posts, read 120,337 times
Default Ohio is paying eb now too!!!!!

KarenOhio 04.21.09 at 2:47 pm
Hi Ohioians,
Just an update I ran out of my tier two about a week ago. I appled for the EB over the phone. Got a letter last week–filed my week on sunday and got my first EB payment. So fast I was in shock!!! No $25 increase on my check yet but am thankful the EB kicked in so fast!!!! Just thought I would post an update!

GET MAD GEORGIANS, TIME TO GO AFTER MICHAEL THURMOND'S JOB!

Old 04-21-2009, 08:21 PM

75 posts, read 209,914 times
See what Iam talking about! If at least one state can get benefits flowing this quick, what could possibly take our DOL so long to update. And again, what is it that they have to update? Since we all should still be in the system anyway. Thats why they will see my face everyday in that office for the rest of this week, or should I say until they send me my first check.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:42 PM

Default We Need to Bug the DOL Daily for- EB NOW!

Everyday we should demand our EB pymts. Go to the DOL w/ a sign that says, EB NOW! This will travel upline to Thurmond. If it is a computer thing make em work 24 hrs. day to get it updated. If we're persistent, we could move this thing along, but it's key to keep the pressure on the DOT and Thurmond. Everyone else has done their job, NOW ALL EYES ARE ON THEM! Let them hear your voice.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:47 PM

Default Thurmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS200 View Post
It certainly didn't take any time for the GADOL newsroom to post that Michael Thurmond is going to Washington to testify. But wait....it is about HIM, not us. I pray that I can stay calm tomorrow at the unemployment office.

HAHA, He's gettin out of the kitchen before it get's hot! AFTER SONNY SIGNED THE BILL, IT'S ALL ON HIM NOW. (:

Old 04-21-2009, 09:30 PM

Thumbs down We have power at the polls-LET HIM KNOW IT!

Thank you for your interest in my campaign and for contacting me through this web site. I hope that you will take some time to learn more about the workforce issues facing Georgia and how the Georgia Department of Labor is helping to solve these issues. If you are seeking information about agency services or need to conduct official business with the Georgia Department of Labor, please visit[SIZE=2] my Official Site.[/SIZE]
I encourage you to consider my strong record of achievement as your Labor Commissioner. It has been an honor serving you and other Georgia citizens over the past seven and a half years. I hope that you will give me that opportunity once again as you cast your vote on November 7th.
Thanks again for your interest and your support!
Mike Thurmond, Commissioner of Labor

Old 04-21-2009, 09:37 PM

309 posts, read 649,467 times
Its my understanding that we all will have to open a new claim for our eb and we will be allowed to do that on 5/25

Old 04-21-2009, 09:49 PM

309 posts, read 649,467 times
This came from ga.gov website under gov's press releases

Governor Perdue Signs Unemployment Legislation

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 Contact: Office of Communications 404-651-7774

ATLANTA – Today Governor Sonny Perdue announced that House Bill 581 has been signed into law. The legislation will allow Georgia to draw down $226 million in federal funds to shore up the state’s unemployment trust fund.
“Signing HB 581 will help prevent tax increases on Georgia businesses so they can grow and create jobs,” said Governor Perdue. “The changes in our unemployment rules and regulations are relatively minor, and I appreciate the General Assembly’s willingness to approve additional benefits for unemployed Georgians.”
Labor Commissioner Michael Thurmond and committee chairmen Rep. Mike Coan and Sen. Ralph Hudgens worked closely with the Governor’s Office to develop HB 581. To qualify for the federal funds, the state expanded unemployment benefits by allowing people seeking part-time work to qualify for unemployment. In addition, Georgians can receive unemployment while in a training program if they were laid off from a declining occupation and are training for a high-demand occupation. These changes will cost the state less than $1.2 million a year.
HB 581 also provides extended benefits for Georgians who have exhausted their 26 weeks of regular unemployment benefits. The provision allows for an extra 13 weeks of benefits, which will be funded entirely by federal funds for almost all Georgia employers. The provisions of the bill are effective immediately; however the Commissioner of Labor can delay the start date of the extended benefits provision until May 25, if he deems such a delay necessary.
The Governor also announced that the following legislation was signed into law. For more information on this legislation, please visit Georgia General Assembly.

***** so it'll only be retroactive from this date? Not the Feb date when initially passed into law
and we get 13 weeks for being over 6.5% then we should be able to trigger on for another 7 as soon as we hit the time limit for being over 8.0%..they sure do write up vaguely.
I just hope the info i was given today about apply all over again was wrong....i'm still going to keep certifiing as long as the dol lets me.
i'm going to keep bugging the dol-there's no way its going to take 6 weeks to get a computer program in place to get us these funds.

Last edited by ginamae38; 04-21-2009 at 09:59 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-21-2009, 09:52 PM

462 posts, read 989,265 times
I found out why the state of Ga only qualifies for 13 weeks of EB. The state has to exceed 8% unemployment over a 3 month period prior to triggering on. Ga did not exceed 8% until the March 29th trigger notice report. It will not have been 3 months at the May 25th deadline for starting benefits.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:14 PM

75 posts, read 209,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchbird56 View Post

HAHA, He's gettin out of the kitchen before it get's hot! AFTER SONNY SIGNED THE BILL, IT'S ALL ON HIM NOW. (:
You're right, Iam sure Thurmond had a pretty good idea when Perdue was to sign HB581. Thats why he got the hell out of dodge, because he knew the office would be flooded with phone calls. That makes no difference to me, I will still be @ the office everyday. I will give those rude, arrogant A__ H____ that work in the DOL something more to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia