Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 11:13 AM

20 posts, read 52,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchbird56 View Post
Well, when you've gone several weeks w/o a check, and in my case a couple of months, a matter of keeping faith just doesn't cut the mustard! There are a lot of people that need to know WHEN the first check will be paid, and IF there is to be any retro pymts. Hopefully, the long awaited letter will address those specific questions.....among others.

by the time we get the benefit are weeks will be dam near halfway over

Old 05-05-2009, 02:04 PM

62 posts, read 134,198 times
Default Please Submit a Complait to FOX news!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginamae38 View Post
maybe we should all fill one of these out to try again for media coverage and answers.lord knows i did it over a month ago and didnt hear nothing but maybe if there is enough of us sending it it and they hardly ever answer the phone except when its almost quitting time

myfoxatlanta.com | News | Call for Action (http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/subindex/news/call_for_action - broken link)
Great Idea! I just submitted a complaint. Lets try and get this on the news. Everyone please submit a complaint!

Old 05-05-2009, 02:17 PM

462 posts, read 989,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx290 View Post
Great Idea! I just submitted a complaint. Lets try and get this on the news. Everyone please submit a complaint!
I submitted mine. For those who have not...be sure to include the fact that unemployment rate dropped in March because thousands fell off the radar when their EUC ran out.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:07 PM

214 posts, read 595,372 times
I submitted my complaint, complete with some stats and an action call to get straight answers from the Department of Lies - er, uh, sorry, Labor. Hope it helps.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:11 PM

462 posts, read 989,293 times
I feel that in some odd way I have come to know many of you, and before this is all over next week I thought it would be nice to share some information with each other. I want to thank everyone for being here when I needed a place to go. I am Candy, 60 years old, lost my job due to "downsizing". In fact the company fired the 3 oldest, and hired 3 new employees under the age of 30. I am the mother of a chronically ill child, her health care has taken precidence over everything. My husband is a professional musician, and we all know that in a down economy music is the first thing to go. I have to tell you that I am an eternal optimist, something that gets me into trouble at times. But I believe in the good in people and honestly believe that it will prevail. This has been an exceptionally hard time for us, but somehow we will come through it, having learned something....LOL. Wiz, Crunch...Mamarev, Ginamae, hopefor....you have been my lifeline. Thank you.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:49 PM

75 posts, read 209,924 times
Well I just submitted my complaint form to Fox 5, I just hope it does some good. Iam Corlis (THE WIZ) and I am a 52 yr. old single mother of two sons, one 23 and 19 and because of the economy both are back home with me. Iam a christian and a hard worker, I always try to be as honest with people as Iam to myself. I lost my job in November of 2007 and has worked a total of three weeks inbetween at this Temp Agency off and on. Now it has been since March 22 that I receive my last check, by the grace of God he has seen me through all these hard times and made a way for me to provide for my family. I surely hope after this we can still blog and keep in touch. It has been truely nice commmunicating with all of you. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS!!!

Old 05-05-2009, 08:06 PM

29 posts, read 48,977 times
I just submitted my complaint also, I hope it does some good. Got no TV, no phone, Internet will be gone soon, cabinets empty, house on verge of foreclsoure what next? I too have found comfort in reading all of your comments and knowing that I am not alone in this horrible situation!

Old 05-05-2009, 08:23 PM

151 posts, read 317,683 times
I sent a request to FOX a few weeks ago but I am going to send another one tonight. Hopefully the influx of so many at once will get them thinking! I'm Denise (Mamarev) and a 46 year old single mom of a 20 year old son. He is at college and living in student housing with a friend but he's home a couple of times a week so sometimes I feel like I see him more now than when he lived at home! LOL This month is my 14th month without a job - the first time since I was 15 that I have not held at least one job! There were times I worked 3 jobs at once to make ends meet. I was supposed to get my last T2 check today but it hasn't shown up in my account yet. Obviously, I"ll be calling in the a.m. to see where it is. My previous boss told me that they were cutting people to get the numbers to look good so they could sell the company. A week later, I got an EMAIL (chicken@&#*) telling me that, effective immediately, I was being terminated for failure to meet company standards in MORTGAGE SALES! Then, 3 months later, the big announcement was made that they sold the company. Being treated like that is what made me want to make a huge change in my life and find a way to be in control of my own career and livelihood. I am so thankful to have this forum and all of you to vent to and share and receive information. I look forward to checking in with you guys each night to see how everyone is doing and knowing that we are all holding on together! GOD BLESS US ALL!

Old 05-05-2009, 09:39 PM

309 posts, read 649,489 times
Thanks ya'll sometimes reading in here is all thats kept me from losing hope-and going nutty.
I'm gina. single mom raised 6 kids.oldest 2 have also both lost their jobs and about too loose their homes(they didnt qualify for ui). Got 4 at home still.
i worked non profit before the recession.not too much of a call for non profit jobs..lol.they got the crunch too.
Keeping my faith cause thats about all i got left.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:06 PM

72 posts, read 178,569 times
READ THIS:

]FLORIDA EXTENDED BENEFITS 5-4-2009
]What are Extended Benefits?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Extended Benefits (EB) are additional unemployment compensation (UC) benefits payable to qualified individuals when an “Extended Benefit Period” occurs in Florida. EB is payable only for weeks of unemployment during an EB period. These benefits are different than the federal Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) benefits currently available. The Florida Legislature has passed Senate Bill 810. This bill has a provision that will result in the Agency for Workforce Innovation implementing EB retroactively to the week beginning February 22, 2009.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Who is eligible to receive Extended Benefits?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Extended Benefits (EB) are available only to individuals who meet all eligibility conditions during an EB period. This includes additional eligibility requirements that do not apply to regular UC. The individual must exhaust all entitlement to regular and EUC benefits before receiving EB. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]You may be eligible for EB if:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=2]You are totally or partially unemployed.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=2]You exhaust all entitlement to regular and emergency unemployment compensation (EUC) benefits prior to February 22, 2009 and your benefit year has not ended.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=2]You exhaust all entitlement to regular and emergency unemployment compensation benefits after February 22, 2009.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=2]You are not eligible for unemployment compensation benefits in any state (including Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, The District of Columbia) or Canada. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=2]You satisfy all requirements of the Florida UC Law that apply to regular UC and EB, such as being able and available for work, and have not been disqualified from receiving benefits based on your reason for separation.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=2]You actively seek work for each EB week claimed and provide the work search record as instructed.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=2]You do not refuse an offer of suitable work or fail to apply for suitable work.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]When does an EB period begin?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]The current EB period begins with the week beginning February 22, 2009. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Why can’t I file now for EB?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]The Agency is undergoing extensive reprogramming of our computer systems in order to process EB claims.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]How do I apply for EB?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]When programming is completed, you may apply for EB by Internet at [/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia