Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 07:29 PM

309 posts, read 649,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefor View Post
I also checked NELP.ORG and the state trigger for georgia is still the same as it was last week. Where did you get the information that georgia has triggered on?? I trust this web site also it has been around for many many years they are advocates who fight for the unemployed workers rights. Yeah could you copy and paste its origin. Thanks,,

the latest publication on eb has tables at the end and it says we are eligible for the 20 weeks upon implementation after 5/25

Old 05-06-2009, 07:39 PM

75 posts, read 209,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginamae38 View Post
and I swear by all that is Holy-I will do everything I can to see him oppposed
What a joke. If Thurmond is elected we maybe in for more than we are bargian for. He can not make simple decisions now with the DOL, how can we expect him to run the state of Georgia. A Snake is a Snake no matter weather hes Republican or Democrat. To check Nelp update go to Google type in NELP list of trigger states for May 3 2009, when the page comes up click on the top web site (Q&ATERB'N"EB"SO-N1.6MWMQAE) when the Nelp page come up scroll down almost to the bottom you will find the charts for trigger on states.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:23 PM

46 posts, read 120,344 times
Default Well, How about that! Now I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishva View Post
M. Thurmond is considering his political options:
Thurmond won’t rule out bid for governor | Gold Dome Live

He WILL NOT get my vote-Democrat or not
DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRUNCHBIRD

Old 05-07-2009, 06:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,911 times
My 2nd tier benefits exhausted the week of March 28, 2009. I have not been certifying since then. Does that mean I would have to go in to reapply?

Old 05-07-2009, 06:25 AM

309 posts, read 649,489 times
I haven't a clue.I've still been certifying in hopes of retro.
i think no matter what
all of us second tier exhaustees
need to reapply on 5/22 online

Old 05-07-2009, 07:37 AM

285 posts, read 661,879 times
Well I had been telling my cousin to continue to certify even when her second-tier was exhausted and when the governor signed hb 581 she tried to certify and her pin was suspended, she went to the local DOL and was told there was not anything that could be done until she found another job and was laid off and then she could re-certify but then that is only one case. If I was you I would try to certify and see if your pin was still in the system and if accepted just continue to certify every week.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:53 AM

76 posts, read 207,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchbird56 View Post
Thanks fer draggin yer heals there Sonnyboy. While yer up there in da Mansion on West Paces Ferry, some good hard workin people are one by one fallin down that "slippery slide". I know yer not runnin next term cause ya can't....but if ya could, ya wouldn't get my dag blasted vote ya goat! Oh, by the way take Thurman w/ ya as I'll certainly VOTE AGAINST HIM NEXT ELECTION. YOU WANT TO PLAY POLITICS W/ PEOPLES LIVELYHOOD?

NEXT ELECTION VOTE DEMOCRAT, GET THE VERMIN OUT OF OFFICE! THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT THEIR RICH SUPPORTERS & THEIR OWN WALLET.

WE WON'T FORGET WHEN WE GO TO THE POLLS! SEE YA!

What a silly, childish comment. So you sit on your butt & gripe when your precious benefits don't come as quickly as you wish. It wasn't all that long ago that unemployment wasn't available, now it's used as a political football, to be tossed back & forth by parties seeking to pad their voter base, and extended on a whim. It's replusive & disgusting, as is your "gimme gimme gimme" mentality.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:00 AM

727 posts, read 1,096,882 times
Article from the Associated Press in the AJC this morning about how the unemployed numbers are dropping. The reality is because people like us have dropped off the rolls. Period. I am constantly amazed by the media spin and the actual REAL unemployed numbers that somehow are consistantly under-reported. Intentional of course! The media and the powers that be would love for all of us to believe things are improving when the reality is things are no better and in some instances worse then what is being reported. And this is the problem. Where is the damn credibility and accountibility with all of this?
New jobless claims unexpectedly plunge to 601,000 | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/business/content/shared-gen/ap/Finance_Government/US_Economy.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab - broken link)

Old 05-07-2009, 08:09 AM

727 posts, read 1,096,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btard View Post
What a silly, childish comment. So you sit on your butt & gripe when your precious benefits don't come as quickly as you wish. It wasn't all that long ago that unemployment wasn't available, now it's used as a political football, to be tossed back & forth by parties seeking to pad their voter base, and extended on a whim. It's replusive & disgusting, as is your "gimme gimme gimme" mentality.
No, what is disgusting is that due to bureaucratic posturing, many upstanding good people who did what they were supposed to do are now facing falling through the cracks due to no fault of their own. Have you nothing better to do troll? Until you have walked in "our" shoes-as in being unemployed, you have no right to come on this site and trash these people for wanting to be able to survive. Period! Where are the jobs? Plenty of money for the banks and Wall Street but little to none for ALL the unemployed.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:15 AM

75 posts, read 209,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btard View Post
BASTARD If you don't have anything positive to add to this forum why don't you keep your comments to your self. Do you think the people are just sitting back waiting to lose everything they have worked hard for all their lives? GET A CLUE AND GET OFF THIS FORUM!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia