Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2009, 08:36 AM

3 posts, read 15,310 times

Advertisements

Hello I hope someone can help me with this my reg unemployment ran out can you tell me how euc kicks in I didnot know my reg was running out and the kids are hungry thanx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 12:58 PM

309 posts, read 649,467 times
it kicks in automatically as does second tier as long as you keep certifying.

its the extended benefits beyond the tiers that the dol is holding out on and by the time you get to those the kinks should be worked out of the system

Old 04-30-2009, 07:57 PM

62 posts, read 313,946 times
Well, doesn't it depend on the state? I only say that because when I finally got in touch with someone here in Indiana, they told me once my benefits run out (which is next Monday), that I have to file a BRAND NEW CLAIM and they would make a decision. However, she was very vague and wouldn't really say more than that. But from what I hear from others it will just continue which I pray it does.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:32 PM

309 posts, read 649,467 times
cafeaulait40
which benefits ?

emergency 2 tiers kick in automatically after your regular claim ends.
extended you have to apply for.

At least in Ga that is how it is.I assumed the Op was from Ga since he posted question Ga forum.

ForThe extended benefits which come after the 2 tiers emergency -each state sort of sets the rules based on the guidelines the feds say you have to have in place from the ARRA in order for the high uneployment states to receive the money.

Not all states are going to have EB.

You have to have been high unemployment for over 6.5% for three months,- then there is more for over 8.0% for another 3 mo .

it all goes something like this

UI up to 26 weeks original claim

Bush's extensions were
EUC first tier is 20
EUC second tier is 13 more

then ARRA=
EB-for 6.5 is 13 weeks
then trigger on
EB -for 8.0 is another 7

So in my case I got
22 weeks original
18 weeks first tier EUC
11 weeks second tier EUC
waiting on EB to start
which Is 13 weeks cause Ga was over 6.0 for 3 months
then i will get
7 more weeks after this
because we will trigger on again
because of 8.5 over 3 months.

I hope i made sense
the nelp.org site has some great info on it and goes into detail for which state qualifies for what on the extended benefits

good luck

they're choking us out here= making us wait till 5/25 for our eb to start and it was supposed to be so no one would loose stability...what a joke.

the rate of unemployment in my county is like 11.4%

Old 12-01-2012, 11:55 AM

2 posts, read 3,994 times
what is a teir im not familiar, my original claim will end in 8 weeks.Then what do i do ?Do i qualify for an extention this is my first time getting unemployment

Old 12-01-2012, 11:58 AM

2 posts, read 3,994 times
Default What is a tier?

Im not sure how this whole thing works??my unemployment will end in 8 weeks do i qualify for an extention??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia