Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 10:46 PM

5 posts, read 19,592 times

Advertisements

It is good to hear that Valdosta is bringing back their downtown. I remember driving through it regularly when I lived near there about 8 years ago. It was beautiful then but at the same time it was deserted and sad.
I always hoped it would come back! Glad it has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 02:36 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,403,643 times
Default Atlanta

I guess due to living in so many large cities I still find Atlanta leading the way when it comes to dismal downtowns.
Yes, it is hard to compare when up against the Valdosta's, Augusta's, Macon's etc due to it's overwhelming size but I am looking at Atlanta on a more national level and how it could make Georgia shine.

It is a diamond constantly being ran/treated as if it was a rhinestone.

I find the downtown to be dismal, dirty, dangerous, and for that matter lacking any fancy in comparison to many other major cities.

Sorry, just my opinion

Old 06-07-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauraleah View Post
It is good to hear that Valdosta is bringing back their downtown. I remember driving through it regularly when I lived near there about 8 years ago. It was beautiful then but at the same time it was deserted and sad.
I always hoped it would come back! Glad it has.
Hey! Valdosta has Slap Daddy's, nuff said

Old 06-07-2009, 09:12 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,240,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Hey! Valdosta has Slap Daddy's, nuff said
yeh yeh.

its decent i guess.

the decorations are better than the food.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
yeh yeh.

its decent i guess.

the decorations are better than the food.
haha!
Now, have a heart.
Ok, after a buger and rings at Slap Daddy's my heart slows to 20 beats a minute.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
haha!
Now, have a heart.
Ok, after a buger and rings at Slap Daddy's my heart slows to 20 beats a minute.
yeh no kidding.

next time you're in the area, there's a new diner in downtown quitman (15 minutes west of I-75) that has a seriously good burger. its decked out in '50's era decor; looks like one of the original krystals joints. much better than slap-daddy's.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:51 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,798,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmusket View Post
I really didn't find anythying impressive about Warner Robins... just sprawl if you ask me.
Warner Robins is only less than 60 years old.The car was entering its hey days then.There has been some plans for a downtown like they created in Smyrna,but I'm not sure how far that has progressed.For a small city though,W.R. has some really beautiful neighborhoods with really nice homes.If they do create it in the area near the base like they planned to ,it will be make Warner Robins one of the most appealing cities in Georgia.Pretty decent school system and moderate crime at worst.
However if you do not have a car,W.R.is definitely not the place you want to live.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
yeh no kidding.

next time you're in the area, there's a new diner in downtown quitman (15 minutes west of I-75) that has a seriously good burger. its decked out in '50's era decor; looks like one of the original krystals joints. much better than slap-daddy's.
Thanks! S.GA.
See it's amazing isn't it? Little ole Valdosta can renew, add "diners" oh I miss diners from my decade in Jersey, and have diversity in flare. Amazing that the City of Atlanta has difficulty in doing this.
I like Valdosta.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Thanks! S.GA.
See it's amazing isn't it? Little ole Valdosta can renew, add "diners" oh I miss diners from my decade in Jersey, and have diversity in flare. Amazing that the City of Atlanta has difficulty in doing this.
I like Valdosta.
If you're the diner loving type, I'll give you one more;

bynum's diner on ashley street. Its a couple of miles north of downtown, just before you reach the hospital (it sits across the street from the fighter jet display). They serve home cooking and it is goooo-ooooood.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:55 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmenomen View Post
Sparta in Hancock county has a rundown downtown which had seen better days decades ago. I believe an old TV series was filmed there some but forget the name - Heat of the Night?
I read that "Heat of the Night" was filmed in Hammond Louisianna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia