Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2009, 07:23 PM

3 posts, read 15,860 times

Advertisements

minorities are not racist
so you cant say that blacks are more racist than white ppl
u can call them bitter, angry, and sometimes prejudice

and just because you have a black best friend as all white ppl claim to have to justify the fact that they arent racist does not mean you arent racist

my friends of different ethnicities are still racist although im their friend

and its quite interesting that youre telling black or "biracial " ppl where theyd end up better
white ppl are racist
minorities are prejudice
slavery didnt just happen
it meant something

and to everything there is a cause and effect
so if black ppl dont subdue to your white view of the world and stereotypes or kiss your ass that does not mean they are racist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 07:47 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lryoung View Post
minorities are not racist
Following this logic, whites who live in the City of Atlanta can't be racist by definition because they're a minority in Atlanta. Right?

Old 03-08-2009, 08:06 PM

214 posts, read 900,140 times
Crime is the biggest problem and this is what causes stereotypes whether warrented or not. Check out these crime statistics:

First off Georgia is 30% African American and 65% White. The vast majority of the crime is committed by a small percentage of the minority - Young African American males.

• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.

• When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.

• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.

• Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Fortyfive percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.

• Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.

• Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes
against whites than vice versa.

These are the facts folks. When people try to speak out and help this situation that are persecuted - see Bill Cosby.

This is the number one issue that the Black Caucus should be addressing. Not flags, racism, welfare, etc. Where is the next MLK Jr. that will stand up and elevate the black people?

Old 03-08-2009, 08:14 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,101,169 times
I'm aware that there is some truth to all stereotypes. I'm aware young blacks have alot of work to do, but when I see "facts" like

• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.

it makes me question the source....because thats implying that ALL the other races are at the EXACT same rate....which cant true

other than that I can understand some stereotypes....but you have to remember thats not always the case.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
I'm aware that there is some truth to all stereotypes. I'm aware young blacks have alot of work to do, but when I see "facts" like

it makes me question the source....because thats implying that ALL the other races are at the EXACT same rate....which cant true

other than that I can understand some stereotypes....but you have to remember thats not always the case.

The statistics are from the other end of the spectrum which is the white race. You are right in that it shouldn't say all races.

I would love to see a massive effort from the African American community to attack this epidemic. But like I said, when someone speaks out, that person is attacked.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:14 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,101,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG3 View Post
The statistics are from the other end of the spectrum which is the white race. You are right in that it shouldn't say all races.

I would love to see a massive effort from the African American community to attack this epidemic. But like I said, when someone speaks out, that person is attacked.
all of that is true

Old 03-08-2009, 10:03 PM

36 posts, read 123,206 times
definition of racism:

the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races

anyone can be racist against anyone else, doesn't just have to be the majority against the minority.

i'm sure there are tons of black racists and tons of white racists and tons of all the other race racists.

i am white with a black child. do i fall into the category of the white who has a black best friend "for a reason?"

s.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:10 AM

33 posts, read 122,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG3 View Post
Crime is the biggest problem and this is what causes stereotypes whether warrented or not. Check out these crime statistics:
I like how people print statistics, but never a link to back them up. Where is your data to support this? Post a link. White people are 95% more likely to shoot up their school. See how I just pulled that number out of my ass and painted all white people with a broad brush?

Old 03-13-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899 View Post
I like how people print statistics, but never a link to back them up. Where is your data to support this? Post a link. White people are 95% more likely to shoot up their school. See how I just pulled that number out of my ass and painted all white people with a broad brush?
It's statistics that I researched and the numbers are a fact whether you want to believe it or not. Hard to belive anyone would refute it. pretty ignorant IMO. Or denial I guess. It is to be expected. Do you watch the news much? Read the crime reports in your newspapers?

Don't argue about the numbers. Step up and do something.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:41 PM

1,303 posts, read 3,857,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899 View Post
White people are 95% more likely to shoot up their school. See how I just pulled that number out of my ass and painted all white people with a broad brush?
This is true... and serial killers are almost always white males... but school shootings and serial killers account for a very small percentage of overall crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia