Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 09:08 AM

705 posts, read 1,110,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
Show me where it says anybody is entitled to see anything and then show me where it says there are different procedures...

Go.

To save us the clicks, dont write back arguing falacies unless you can back them up.
I'm not arguing falacies. There is no entitlement regarding seeing anything, so maybe you are arguing a falacy.

The state legislature regulates vehicles and equipment, if they decide on a tint regulation, so be it. My point was to enilghten you as to what criteria used to decide on visibility, which the legislature can do and has done.

You probably need to read up on the plain view dictrine, Horton v. California 1990.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 03:30 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,375,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axemanjoe View Post
I'm not arguing falacies. There is no entitlement regarding seeing anything, so maybe you are arguing a falacy.
That's what i said before you were born. At least when you spin my words, make sure you understand them.

Quote:
The state legislature regulates vehicles and equipment, if they decide on a tint regulation, so be it. My point was to enilghten you as to what criteria used to decide on visibility, which the legislature can do and has done.
No you didnt. You went onto a tirade about OFFICIALS being able to see in vehicles for their safety. Nice backtracking, i suppose you read a little something this time before you posted.

Window transparency is generally aimed at minimizing visual impairment at night and in foul weather. This limits tend to follow each jurisdictions' climate conditions, if you are so inclined to see this for yourself, scroll down the state list.

And that's all there is to it.

Quote:
You probably need to read up on the plain view dictrine, Horton v. California 1990.
LOL. Are you serious? Did you just attempt to apply plain view to seeing inside a motor vehicle as related to tint/curtains/plywood/spray paint/clothes/whatever? Please, leave law to those registered by the GA bar (or any other bar) because you dont have a straw to stand on here. But i will post this on my office door. Funny stuff.

So i was right, you did read something, but sadly have no capacity to understand it. Still, i can appreaciate the attempt. Take care

Old 07-13-2010, 07:29 AM

705 posts, read 1,110,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
That's what i said before you were born. At least when you spin my words, make sure you understand them.

No you didnt. You went onto a tirade about OFFICIALS being able to see in vehicles for their safety. Nice backtracking, i suppose you read a little something this time before you posted.

Window transparency is generally aimed at minimizing visual impairment at night and in foul weather. This limits tend to follow each jurisdictions' climate conditions, if you are so inclined to see this for yourself, scroll down the state list.

And that's all there is to it.

LOL. Are you serious? Did you just attempt to apply plain view to seeing inside a motor vehicle as related to tint/curtains/plywood/spray paint/clothes/whatever? Please, leave law to those registered by the GA bar (or any other bar) because you dont have a straw to stand on here. But i will post this on my office door. Funny stuff.

So i was right, you did read something, but sadly have no capacity to understand it. Still, i can appreaciate the attempt. Take care

"Did you just attempt to apply plain view to seeing inside a motor vehicle as related to tint/curtains/plywood/spray paint/clothes/whatever?" Uh, yes, I did apply it, just like the Court did in Horton v. CA.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:53 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,240,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
. . . Bringing up the 4th amenedment is apples and oranges.
no, neil. you said we have no right to privacy in our vehicles.

Quote:
The state has a interest in the safety of officers and the driving public, and has the court upheld power to regulate and license driving and vehicles on the road..
And I have an interest in my safety which is another reason my windows are tinted.

Quote:
Every think that driving at night with dark tint is dangerous? It's not just a danger to police, but also to others on the road if you can't see the road or other traffic.
I can see fine.

Quote:
A police officer cannot force you to open your trunk and can't search your vehicle without your consent or a warrant, but if they have probable cause . . . .
that was clearly written in my post you quoted.

Quote:
This stuff is common sense. What is it with some of you who just want what you want, and you rail against the state for prudent and common sense regulation and statute.
There's no sense about it, neil. And yes, I'll have whatever I please so long as I'm not hurting others. My tint isn't hurting anyone, neil.

Quote:
Sorry it gets in the way of you being cool....but people's lives are on the line. Deal with it.
Oh neil, I'm sorry you feel left out of the cool club.

No one's life is on the line because of my tinted windows.

If that's your reasoning, then make it a law to roll down your windows, just as I've already stated I do, if pulled over. That would make more sense to me.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:01 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,192,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
Oh neil, I'm sorry you feel left out of the cool club..
Oh...on the contrary. If being cool means being selfish, stupid, and making arguments that make no sense, then I am so glad I'm not cool. I have real toys and don't need to break the law to feel cool. Flying an airplane is sooooo much nicer than a car anyway. Going 135 knots at 8,500 ft is much cooler.

Quote:
No one's life is on the line because of my tinted windows.
If your windows are illegally dark, then yes, you're putting your life and other lives at risk. I personally don't give a crap about you risking your life, but the lives of others like my family are my concern. It has been proven that dark tint on windows reduces visibility and can impair your driving at night. It's common sense, which it seems is all too uncommon.

Quote:
If that's your reasoning, then make it a law to roll down your windows, just as I've already stated I do, if pulled over. That would make more sense to me.
And if you could trust bad guys to do the right thing, then that would be fine, except for the fact that you still can't see properly at night with very dark tint.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Oh...on the contrary. If being cool means being selfish, stupid, and making arguments that make no sense, then I am so glad I'm not cool. I have real toys and don't need to break the law to feel cool. Flying an airplane is sooooo much nicer than a car anyway. Going 135 knots at 8,500 ft is much cooler.
not as cool as 350 @ 400, but whatever floats your boat.

why do you keep on with this "cool" factor? I noted specifically in an earlier post the main reason for tinting my windows.

Quote:
And if you could trust bad guys to do the right thing, then that would be fine, except for the fact that you still can't see properly at night with very dark tint.
sounds like you're profiling. Are you profiling, neil?

Old 07-14-2010, 05:04 AM

199 posts, read 627,811 times
if i were a police officer and stopped a car with deep tinted windows, they would be stareing down the barrel of my gun as they got out of the car and went face down on the ground!! end of conversation!!

Old 07-14-2010, 07:38 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,192,862 times
Quote:
why do you keep on with this "cool" factor? I noted specifically in an earlier post the main reason for tinting my windows.
I was specifically responding to your "cool" comment

Quote:
sounds like you're profiling. Are you profiling, neil?
Huh? Yeah, I'm profiling. I want only white people to have tinted windows. No minorities should ever have tinted windows because they're all criminals. Gimme a break with that crap.

I'm profiling against people who think they are entitled to be exempt from laws they don't like. I'm profiling against people who put other's lives at risk for their own fun or to satisfy their own needs.

My comment was again in response to your comment that people should just do the right thing and roll down their window when they get pulled over or the state should require it, and that would make cops safe at traffic stops. I'm merely pointing out that the law abiding people aren't the concern, but cops at a traffic stop don't have the luxury of knowing who is law abiding, and who has a gun and is ready to pop them, especially since everyone seems to think they need to carry a gun. It's probably a high probability that there is a gun in the car here in GA.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
I was specifically responding to your "cool" comment. . . . .
looks like you've got me confused with someone else. I never said anything about having it to be "cool".

Quote:
Huh? Yeah, I'm profiling. I want only white people to have tinted windows. No minorities should ever have tinted windows because they're all criminals. .. . . .
i knew it; by God i just knew it.

Quote:
I'm profiling against people who think they are entitled to be exempt from laws they don't like.
Did you know in my hometown its illegal to have a chicken cross the road (my hand to God I swear it)? If I took a red hen across the street right now, just because i wanted to, would you rebuke me with the same enthusiasm? I understand you to say a law is a law, just as a sin is a sin.

Quote:
I'm merely pointing out that the law abiding people aren't the concern,.
So I should be of no concern.

Quote:
but cops at a traffic stop don't have the luxury of knowing who is law abiding, and who has a gun and is ready to pop them, . . . ..
True, but why not get on the loudspeaker and tell the driver to roll down their windows? I don't think that's too difficult.

Quote:
especially since everyone seems to think they need to carry a gun. It's probably a high probability that there is a gun in the car here in GA.
Its a constiutional right, and most of us need guns so when those punks with tinted windows drive up we can protect ourselves.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:15 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,375,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axemanjoe View Post
"Did you just attempt to apply plain view to seeing inside a motor vehicle as related to tint/curtains/plywood/spray paint/clothes/whatever?" Uh, yes, I did apply it, just like the Court did in Horton v. CA.

Horton is about probable cause to issue a warrant and the scope it covered you Moron

The issue was surpressing evidence seized outside the warrant once the cops were already there, Moron.

You 'sir' are a class A Moron.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia