Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 07:13 AM

8 posts, read 28,596 times

Advertisements

My husband and I live in South Florida and lost our home to Hurricane Wilma. We spent 6 weeks in a Motel 6 and were lucky to have a roof over our heads as ten of thousands...including our neighbors...were living in their cars. Finally I rented a beautiful apartment and we will be staying until rehabilitation of our condo complex is complete and we can sell and get out. See http://www.geocities.com/lecturestogo/gonewiththewind.html to see what South Florida has gone through.

If anyone around Dublin reads this please reply and tell me a little about your area. By the way, I'm Alix the Rebel, web site http://www.geocities.com/moofie2000/author.html

Thank you and hope we become acquainted one day, y'hear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2006, 07:28 PM

10 posts, read 31,246 times
If your thinking about a move to Georgia, we would love to have you here!

Last edited by Marka; 02-18-2006 at 12:59 AM..

Old 02-17-2006, 07:37 PM

Default Property in Middle Georgia

Thank you, Norma. We will certainly keep you in mind. First we have to rehabilitate and sell our hurricane ravaged condo here, That's all that's keeping us in place.

Old 02-19-2006, 11:09 AM

13 posts, read 51,669 times
Default From Fla gal

Hey rebel,I too am from S.fla.and moving to Ga[Atlanta area]We didnt get hit by the hurricane but are moving to get away from these high real estate prices.Just wanted to wish you the absolute best.Please feel free to stay in touch.Where are you located?We are near Tampa but hope to be in Ga by fall.God bless....artflamingo

Old 02-22-2006, 06:47 AM

Wink Ft Lauderdale

We are in the Ft Lauderdale area...north Broward County. The Public Adjustor and the Insurance Company seem to have come to terms but the condo association and the insurance company, Aspen, have yet to sign agreements. By now the 16 roofless, mouldy buildings are a real mess. I find it hard to believe the complex will ever be repaired but look forward to a new hurricane-less life around Dublin, Georgia. It's funny,...being a cousin to Sherman and having a passion for the South and all things Southern. Even have a Bonny Blue Flag.

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. It is truly appreciated. We'll likely end up somewhere between Milledgeville and Macon but no further east than Soperton.

Down here it's too crowded, too expensive, and the weather too terrible. (Like, what ever happened to more than one season?) Geez. I'm no kid but I'm not old enough to want to sit around complaining of the cold when the temp goes below 85 F.

Three cheers for the great state of Georgia! And I promise, if I'm elected....er, I'm joking. Just joking.

Alix

Old 02-25-2006, 03:16 PM

Alix,youre a hoot!We are moving near atlanta and I cant wait for those seasons too.We're near tampa now,God bless and good luck with your move!

Old 02-26-2006, 06:58 AM

Smile Atlanta

I'm told we'll be within an hour and a half of Atlanta and that's near enough to the big city. I'm hoping for wildlife other than the kind in shoes. My husband came down here from Nu Joisey years before I met him. Grew up in Brooklyn. (Gazooks!) I was born in Ohio but spent much of my life in Virginia, Maryland, and backwoods Tennessee. Have to Southern-ize that man and teach him to Texas-rig a plastic auger tail for large mouth bass and to run buzz bait in the evenin' and track white tail deer.....and do practical stuff. Them thar' Nu Yawkers don't know nuthin' 'cept how to run from muggers and catch trains an' stuff.

I hear they have a time up there flying the ol' stars and bars (for some reason) and that's why I have a Bonnie Blue flag to run up. Some folk won't know what it is to make a fuss over it. (It's was West Florida's own flag long, long before the War of Northern Argumentation and Indigestion.)

I tied to get JEB to go up to GA and be governor up there when his term is up here but he says he'll never leave Florida. Iffin he stays here the WIND might blow him up there and if it does he might as well stick around and run things in Georgia.

Old 02-27-2006, 09:47 AM

Yep.Id like to take jeb with us too.I just love that guy!!

Old 03-01-2006, 07:47 AM

Thumbs up Politicians

Never much cared for politicians any more than for TV evangelists or used car salesmen. Guess I felt these three catagories had a huge amount in common with one another...sorta like snake oil salesmen and horse traders. Always did like JEB, tho, even tho he says he's not kin to JEB Stuart the way I'd thought. Don't know why Barbara Bush didn't name a son for Robert E. Lee and for Stonewall and for Gen'l Early and for Gen'l Johnson and for....

Old 03-12-2006, 01:31 PM

4 posts, read 13,260 times
Default Dublin, Ga

Dublin is a nice town. We are getting many Floridians up this way. Welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia